Equinox 800 SE and DFX

Attachments

• June 13th 55 coins $4.13.jpg
    June 13th 55 coins $4.13.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 613
Upvote 0
D

Danielmc

Yeah i went out to a park this morning, after diggin up about 20 or so clad and some car keys I had to get the hell out of there.

The damn heat and humidity can be killer ;)

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hey dfx-greg,

i notice you dig A LOT of clad coins (which is cool) is that what you mainly target ?
i thought i remember reading you use the 5.3" eclipse - which has decent depth, do you ignore the deeper signals and just stick with the surface coins or are you finding these clad coins in the 3-5" range ?

was just curious, your daily (and yearly) clad count is impressive, just an aweful lot of digging if they were over 3" deep - me i get frustrated having to dig a clad target over a couple inches - have already dug 8+ inches to get a stupid memorial cent - hate that !

vp

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
My deep hits with the small eclipse coil 5.3 go up to 7.5 max thats it. Most of my finds are 0.0 to 3.5. The deeper hits I have been getting are mainly dimes/quarters...I have dug a lot of stuff from the late 60's and 70's. The pennies seem to break up quote a bit and are very easy to id...sure I skip a few if I don't feel like digging. I have dug up some wheaties but just a few silver coins>4 and 12 rings. I am not going to pretend I am finding silver everyday....it is not believable either!

vpone said:
hey dfx-greg,

i notice you dig A LOT of clad coins (which is cool) is that what you mainly target ?
i thought i remember reading you use the 5.3" eclipse - which has decent depth, do you ignore the deeper signals and just stick with the surface coins or are you finding these clad coins in the 3-5" range ?

was just curious, your daily (and yearly) clad count is impressive, just an aweful lot of digging if they were over 3" deep - me i get frustrated having to dig a clad target over a couple inches - have already dug 8+ inches to get a stupid memorial cent - hate that !

vp

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Hardy said:
GREGG, YOUL HAVE THAT DFX PAYED OFF IN NO TIME BUD ;D

Thanks I am trying! 3 hunts a week usually 8-10 hours total seems to be working but the heat has slowed me down a little.... :(

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
The heat is a killer huh. How about the ground? Have you got rain recently?
Nice totals as usual, congrats and keep em coming. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
DFX-SE Gregg

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Boobydoo said:
The heat is a killer huh. How about the ground? Have you got rain recently?
Nice totals as usual, congrats and keep em coming. Good luck!

Smiles!
BDoo

No rain at all lately..it is even starting to test my Lesche! Oh and my patience i see my numbers in my log are nose diving!

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good lot of clad and some free golf balls, not too bad

HH
-GC

R

RUDY2003

Another nice pile of coins Gregg...Hot, you bet it is......
Keep safe and keep diggin.....

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You gave me the Idea to hit 100 in a day Gregg....Not any time soon,I'm still feeling it. ;D Congrat's on the 2 hour's,I think I'm gonna stick with the CW relic's this weekend.....HH!!

M-Squared

Mar 4, 2007
Long Beach, California
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum XLT & Bullseye II Probe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't forget to rehydrate every hour. The heat is building up. Keep up the great finds!

H2 from M2

Attachments

• fireline_e0.gif
    fireline_e0.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 155

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread