Had a blast today!!!!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are making me itch for a CTX.. I love my etrac, but I am really tempted by the CTX's capacity to show several targets.. Do you find that It really helps you? Have you hunted this spot with other machines?

OP
OP
pulltabpirate

pulltabpirate

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AdDicted2Ag said:
You are making me itch for a CTX.. I love my etrac, but I am really tempted by the CTX's capacity to show several targets.. Do you find that It really helps you? Have you hunted this spot with other machines?

Today's hunt was my first time there but it's rare around here to have an old ballfield not be detected before, just whether it was done with an E-trac. I did have two coins, one merc and a wheat that i saw the seperate signatures and i'll be posting the vid as soon as my computer is back.

I did do a property last weekend that i had done several times with the E-trac and pulled out 2 wheats and a 46 rosie. Neither had the seperate signatures though, just better target seperation, tone clarity.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see 8 hours and 155 coins & some relics is one target in less than 3 minutes dug and this does not include any trash at all. And all on your second trip out with your new machine! What can I say other than "unbelievable!" ;)

OP
OP
pulltabpirate

pulltabpirate

Greenie
Dec 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Erik in NJ said:
Let's see 8 hours and 155 coins & some relics is one target in less than 3 minutes dug and this does not include any trash at all. And all on your second trip out with your new machine! What can I say other than "unbelievable!" ;)

I actually timed my target recovery speeds one day just to see how long it does take to recover a target. From setting detector down to picking back up i averaged 42 seconds across 8 targets. Truthfully I dug very little trash, a few pulltabs that sounded really good. I had an E-trac for a few years before the CTX making the learning curve much shorter than would be for someone new to minelabs machines. I am feeling it today, sore and achy all over!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread