monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got to go for a walk today in a creek that I have not walked in years and I found 3 nice points. When I found the first one I went to get my camera and realized I had left it in the Jeep, I was too focused on getting all my snake gear and I didn't even see one. So I made some like Americus does (I like the way he shows his points)and these flowers only bloom once a year. The 1st one is a Evans made of some type of quartzite that I have never seen before. Adams co. 4-29-15 002.JPG The next is a small but nice San Patrice made of local creek chert. Adams co. 4-29-15 003.JPG This next one is a killer and I'm still trying to type it. It is Paleo for sure, it has a lot of grinding on the base and has some thinning flakes, not flutes on the base and is made of local creek chert. Adams co. 4-29-15 001.JPG If any of you have any ideas on type I am all ears, it was found in south west Mississippi. Every time I think I have a match something does not match for that type, but not all points are text book and I was thinking maybe a point made by someone and then reshaped by another:BangHead:I am not for sure, sent a photo to some buddies hope to hear from them soon.

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow,thats a good hunt there,thanks for sharing,the last one looks like the little one a bit

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds and I agree with jamey about the last one looking similar to the 2nd one. Oh and I meant to say the flowers as the back drop are beautiful and really bring out the points

Last edited:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a very good day! I've got to ask, What type of point is that first one? The black one with the odd (to me) base?

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice flower view and the points are great to :) The black one is made from a type of rock I find here to called Dicatite and of course I spelled it wrong. I usually just call it black quartzite. It has the same texture but all the ones I find are usually broken. I have 1 bi face whole. Got some nice ones there looks like it was a good hunt.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great points. Is it a beaver lake? If it is, its one of the best I have seen posted on here. Yeah I like Americus's backgrounds to always looks like a tropical paradise!

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GaRebel the first point is an Evan's, we find them a lot around here, they are kin to a Tangipahoa and Tn mnt. if it is a Beaver Lake, it is way out of it's area. The jury is still out.

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok the jury has came back with a Quad as the type. It's transitional Paleo and they said one of the best they have seen and is not to far out of range of sites found at. Now I have to let them play with it. I take these guys word as salt of the earth, but I still wonder:icon_scratch::laughing7:

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quad is correct......nice finds monster.....everyone is drooling over the quad.....my choice is the san patrice. They don't come looking like that one too often.............GTP

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day at the creek, it seems to have welcomed you back, congrats! It seems you nailed a trifecta. Way to go!!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always look forward to your posts/finds! Great finds!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread