JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a ton of Google Earth imagining and historic aerial research to find places to detect here in Catheys Valley California it's a little mountain area all country as far as you can see I managed to see on historic aerials a foundation on a 1940s map and if it was a foundation then I figure it had to be pretty old catch was it's about a 3 mile hike out but I found a course that would take me straight to it I get there and see a foundation I didn't see from the map I look in the square foundation thing and it's old bottle galore was a huge bottle dump so many bottles I got excited and gathered up as many as I could but here's where things go wrong fast I start hiking back and start thinking hey I don't recognize this at that and soon I'm lost and bad I for about 3 hours could not find where I was I was so afraid I'd be stuck out there but managed to find my bearings on Google maps by pure luck regardless scared the crud out of me lesson learned

Upvote 1
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 1459278929865.jpg
    1459278929865.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 1459278955112.jpg
    1459278955112.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 59
  • 1459278983421.jpg
    1459278983421.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'm going to donate a bunch of them to the local museums here these in my opinion are much too nice too keep them all

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way if anyone wants pictures of anything specific please feel free to let me know I just have so much it's hard to know what everyone wants to see but request it and I'll take the picture as soon as I can

OP
OP
JVA5th

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well donated some bottles to the local bar here in Catheys Valley it's hard for me to give up anything like this because I never make finds like this but the owners of that bar I saw where all good people and the customers where great as well I'm a quiet shy person and they always went out of their way to make me feel welcome and part of the group and I saw generally all the people their seemed to care about one another and I was sold on donating a couple to then when I overheard a conversation the bartender was having about doing charities for different causes and how they treat each other as family they really showed me there's still good people out there humbled me quiet a bit and I was surprised how giving them about few bottles made them real happy just thought it'd be a real good ending to this thread and hope you guys don't mind the shout out but Catheys Valley California Tap Room has some amazing people

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread