HAD A TRYING/HECTIC DAY-THEN I FOUND THIS

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
I had a very hectic day today. My grandmother hasn't been in the best of health lately and today she was admitted into the hospital,but she's doing well. She just isn't capable of living on her own any more and has decided that she wants to go into a nursing home. So today I spoke with a nurse,doctor,family and a friend and we are all in agreement that it's the best thing for her. So tonight I started going thru all of belongs and trying to seperate items to take with her to the nursing home,items to sell, and papers to throw out. So I worked on this stuff for about 3 hours tonight. I kept thinking to myself, how am I going to get all of this done. lol

Only seven months ago we arranged an estate sale for our elderly friend of our family and sold the entire contents of his home within 2 weeks and it was a large home. My grandmothers possessions are on a much smaller scale but I'm just thinking I have to get it all done, here we go again.

So tonight I entered the front lobby of our apartment building, I usually use the back entrance. There is a table in the front of our lobby that tenants sometimes put items they no longer want on the table for anyone to take. So I look at the table tonight and I saw two items that caught my eye. Obviously anything to do with coins fascinates me. lol I saw this "The Flame of Hope" penny on the St. Jude card. Then I saw the St. Anthony medal on the card. So I picked both of them up and I'm reading the cards and what they represent and a thought pops into my head. Is this a sign that everything will go smoothly and not to worry? Someone is always watching over you? Hmmmm

I love both of the items and I think they have a little special meaning right now to me.

Attachments

• Cent111.jpg
    Cent111.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 506
  • Medal999.jpg
    Medal999.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 501
  • Medal333.jpg
    Medal333.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 493
  • MedalFront11.jpg
    MedalFront11.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 499
Upvote 0

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
That is one very beautiful medal. It's certainly tough sending a loved one to stay somewhere else. My grandmother had a stroke and was paralyzed / had to be fed for almost 4 years. We eventually had to put her in a home as well.

No matter what may happen I am sure that it will be best for your grandmother. After all, as you said it was her decision. I personally feel that when it comes a time (if I make it that long) that I am in need of care, I would rather go into a home as well. I would look forward to visits from my family, but would much rather be on my own (atleast for now that is my opinion).

Hope the best for you and your grandmother,
Postalrevnant

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice medles....i wish the best for your gandma

-GC

O

Ole Mole

Sorry to hear about your grandmother going into a nursing home. It is a hard decision for loved ones to make, but being that she made the decision it hopefully is a bit easier for you and your family to accept.
The coin and the medal came to you at the most spiritual opportune time of need and hopefully will help you feel a bit comfortable during this time. Sometimes I don't even understand how things like this arise.

Best of luck for your grandmother

RatRacer

May 23, 2006
Trafford, PA
Sorry to hear about that. It's a tough decision to make. My mom had to do that 2 years ago, and grandma's house is still sitting, untouched. (We should probably throw out the fridge!) It's just hard to get motivated to clear out a loved one's home. Hope your grandma does well. Mine will be 95 in December, and wouldn't have made it alone any longer.
Have strength, have heart, and check everything for hidden treasures to share with grandma!

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Keep them close and know that they'll give you strength and that you're doing the best you can under the circumstances. You know where my thoughts and prayers are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions