Had a Vision today and it was..

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, Whites XLT
Alot different than my XLT.
This machine for me is going to take alot of getting used to.
It does get deep but to me it is noisy.
I am used to a concentric coil and had a hard time pinponting with the 2D coil.
But I guess it will all come in time, it better for $1450!
I found a barber dime and 2 wheats and tried to get a pic of the analyze screen with them.
Sorry they are fuzzy but its hard to focus on the screen.

Attachments

• Picture 040.jpg
    Picture 040.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 633
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 622
Upvote 0

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What did the vision depth meter read on your barber find?

OP
OP
plumloko

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Novaman said:
It was at 9 when I found it and it rang in clear.
It was down there!
I had a mega hole trying to find it though....I gotta get used to the pinpoint otherwise im going to hit something.
Hopefully Sunray gets a pinpointer for the Vision in a hurry!

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plumloko said:
Novaman said:
It was down there!
I had a mega hole trying to find it though....I gotta get used to the pinpoint otherwise im going to hit something.
Hopefully Sunray gets a pinpointer for the Vision in a hurry
Your new machine has already started paying you back. I think with that you will have your $1.450 back in no time.
Keep us here all posted. I wish you well on your future hunts. One good find is all it takes.

OP
OP
plumloko

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Novaman said:
plumloko said:
Novaman said:
It was down there!
Hopefully Sunray gets a pinpointer for the Vision in a hurry
Your new machine has already started paying you back. I think with that you will have your $1.450 back in no time.
Keep us here all posted. I wish you well on your future hunts. One good find is all it takes.
I noticed that you live in Ogden.
I went to that huge lot on 24th?? and washington last year and it was picked clean.
Maybe I should try this machine on it and see what it can really do!

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
What good is a machine if ya can't pinpoint with it? Nice finds anyways......NGE

OP
OP
plumloko

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
nowgittineverything said:
What good is a machine if ya can't pinpoint with it? Nice finds anyways......NGE
Im sure you can pinpoint with it I just have to get used to pinpointing with a 2D coil.
I just have to figure out the spot on the coil, I only had it out for an hour today.
Im used to a concentric coil and never hit anything in 15 years.

OP
OP
plumloko

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
plumloko said:
nowgittineverything said:
Im sure you can pinpoint with it I just have to get used to pinpointing with a 2D coil.
I just have to figure out the spot on the coil, I only had it out for an hour today.
Im used to a concentric coil and never hit anything in 15 years.
I take that back, I did hit one thing!
My musicians belt plate.
But that was down about 12 inches and I was being impatient.
Thank the lord I hit the back!!

Attachments

• cw.jpg
    cw.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 468
  • cw1.jpg
    cw1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 464
  • cw.jpg
    cw.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 467
  • cw1.jpg
    cw1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 460

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the WOT on both of my Sovereign GTs and it is a double D coil. I really don't have any problem pinpointing with double D coil.

Below descirbes it better then I could. It is off of JB's Metal Detecting Resource Web Site and it works for me every time.

"You cannot "X" the coil to pinpoint like other machines with a concentric coil. There are a couple of different ways to pinpoint, but learn the basic way first. The way you pinpoint with a double-d coil is to sweep over the target, side to side, until you get the loudest response. Once you've stopped sweeping and the coil center is over the loudest response, without moving the coil and using it as a pivot point, move your body around the center of the coil and sweep side to side along the imaginary line that the center of the coil would have made when it was over the loudest response before moving. You should now be 90 degrees from where you started and sweeping the coil side to side until you get the loudest response again. Where the two imaginary lines cross is the center of the target. It takes a little practice but in no time at all you'll be able to do this quickly and accurately. Because the double-d coil is hot from the toe to the heel of the coil for about 1 to 1.5 inches wide along the center, pinpointing is a two step process. You get the first center "line" then the second center "line" 90 degrees to the first. I hope this makes sense. Re-read your manual. I almost forgot, pinpoint in the "all-metal" mode."

Hope this helps and keep us informed. I am interested in the Vision..........

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds....kane 23

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For $1500 it should dig your holes for you.

OP
OP
plumloko

plumloko

Feb 11, 2008
Utah
Detector(s) used
Treasure_Hunter said:
I use the WOT on both of my Sovereign GTs and it is a double D coil. I really don't have any problem pinpointing with double D coil.

Below descirbes it better then I could. It is off of JB's Metal Detecting Resource Web Site and it works for me every time.

"You cannot "X" the coil to pinpoint like other machines with a concentric coil. There are a couple of different ways to pinpoint, but learn the basic way first. The way you pinpoint with a double-d coil is to sweep over the target, side to side, until you get the loudest response. Once you've stopped sweeping and the coil center is over the loudest response, without moving the coil and using it as a pivot point, move your body around the center of the coil and sweep side to side along the imaginary line that the center of the coil would have made when it was over the loudest response before moving. You should now be 90 degrees from where you started and sweeping the coil side to side until you get the loudest response again. Where the two imaginary lines cross is the center of the target. It takes a little practice but in no time at all you'll be able to do this quickly and accurately. Because the double-d coil is hot from the toe to the heel of the coil for about 1 to 1.5 inches wide along the center, pinpointing is a two step process. You get the first center "line" then the second center "line" 90 degrees to the first. I hope this makes sense. Re-read your manual. I almost forgot, pinpoint in the "all-metal" mode."

Hope this helps and keep us informed. I am interested in the Vision..........
Great reply and thanks!
I will definitely give that a try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread