• Hawk 065.JPG
    Hawk 065.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What awesome creatures. My first favorite is the Mountain Lion. These birds are close second.

Aurabbit79er

Oct 29, 2012
Southern California
Detector(s) used
A cheap little Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is so awesome, the majesty of the mighty bird. Obviously a very successful hunter by its size.
I got lucky one day when I was working out at Point Mugu Naval Base. Basically they built a naval base on top of a wetland preserve. Lots and lots of wildlife out there, all protected. Thousands of birds and seals, and also hundreds of rabbits. I was driving on a road near the coast. It looked like a 2 foot statue of a falcon, but it was alive and standing on a fresh kill rabbit (it made him look taller). His look was kind of like, this one is mine go find your own rabbit. That bird was very well fed.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen a Grey Owl on a Snowshoe Hair once it was in Alaska. we didn't know what it was at first because it was sooo big.it was back in some spruce trees that were off a path in our housing area.Thats how we saw it we walked the path daily and and one day there was this out of place thing that turned out to be a giant owl eating a rabbit one of the luckiest moments of my life.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alsooooo. I have some really cool pictures with like 10 Bald Eagles in one frame from the spit in Homer ( I would have to fire up the scanner to post those pics but, they do exist). one time driving past an alfalfa field we stopped and counted like 28 Red Tail Hawks sitting all as individuals throughout the field all weird and still. We thought maybe mating wierdness but, they were all seperated so maybe pre-migration:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread