Had another First Tonight

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight was the first time I have ever found one of these enders:

quarter.jpg

Pretty neat. I picked up three quarter boxes today to go along with the dime boxes I was searching and had pretty good results. I found two silver washingtons out of the three boxes. Nothing spectacular, but I was happy with it.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, its rare to find a silver quarter, let alone having it be an ender!
Way to go :)

SanMartian

Apr 15, 2013
Skunksville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me a masochist but I love searching quarters. Still haven't found an ender. Cool find!

OP
OP
F

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Call me a masochist but I love searching quarters. Still haven't found an ender. Cool find!

I wouldn't call you a massochist. I search them as frequently as I search dimes. I actually had more luck with quarters than dimes yesterday. I know most people seem to have atrocious luck with quarters, like one silver out of every 6-8 boxes, but that has not been my experience at all. Long term, I would say that I average one silver quarter out of every two or three boxes. My goal is to fill one full roll of silver quarters found through roll hunting. I've been hunting for a little less than a year and a half and probably only search four boxes once every three weeks or so and I am over halfway done filling the roll. They are definitely the least productive denomination to search, but I definitely find them with regularity. If I pick up four or five boxes of quarters I am pretty sure I will find onen or two silvers. And they are one of my favorite coins to find. A stack of silver quarters looks cooler than most other silver coins.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tonight was the first time I have ever found one of these enders:

View attachment 1022154

Pretty neat. I picked up three quarter boxes today to go along with the dime boxes I was searching and had pretty good results. I found two silver washingtons out of the three boxes. Nothing spectacular, but I was happy with it.

:headbang: Great find being a quarter. You've had a unbelievable couple of weeks in finds. Keep it up.
HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread