Had my AT Pro one week now

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got my new AT Pro from Bart at Big Boy Hobbies and besides the usual getting to learn the machine errors, the machine is rock solid. For the price, I don't see how I could have done better. Will let you guys know how it works in the months ahead.
I hope you have as good of luck with your as I have had with mine. I just picked up my second fish scale 5 cent piece at 6 inches. These coins are tiny and the ATP has no problem picking them out.
HH,
ZDD

EMF

Dec 3, 2012
Corbin, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, Tesoro Compadre 5.75" coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How are the AT Pros comfort wise? I've read complaints about sore arms after a few hours and not being balanced well. Anyone experience this issue with yours?

I don't want to buy a detector that I can't use more than a few hours from it being nose heavy.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Its not bad, about 3.5 lbs. The stock 9x11 coil is noticeable. Change to the AT Gold 5x8 coil and its like swinging a feather. Your opinion may vary... I'm used to swinging heavier detectors 8+ hours a day when I get a chance.

slag

Jul 16, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed a big difference going from my F2 with the 8 inch coil to this AT PRO with the 5x8 coil. Made my arm tired after about 45 minutes or so and I'm not a small dude. Almost think adding a few heavy fish weights to the rear would balance it a bit more.

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love my At Pro ! Dang ! Finding cool stuff. Had it since mid may. Almost bought another for my wife today. For the Price, I feel that it's a awesome detector. I can't wait to get the 5x8 coil. And I surely can't say enough of the Pro pointer ! wow.

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
TheATPro has worked great for me-use full sensitivity-don't dig a bunch of nails or pop caps and other iron-light weight-great customer support-awesome response to jewelry and small items-my coin finds are in the thousands-nuff said.

Dign-nbama

Sep 28, 2012
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, Minelab Etrac,, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought mine a few weeks ago from Bart @ Big Boy Hobbies, so far no complaints, just a learning curve on my part, the tone roll has a language all it's own and I'm getting better at the language, he talked me into the extra 5x8 and glad I decided to go with it, separation is superb, and good depth also....

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just got my AT Gold which has the 5x8 DD. it's light. I'm partially handicapped on left side. So the lighter the better. Haven't gone on long hunts yet. Looking to use after Xmas for a several hour hunt. But at the moment I feel I could hunt all day with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread