Had some luck, yesterday.

Thonolan

Mar 20, 2003
Port Huron, MI
Lately, I've been in a silver drought. After taking a week off, I decided to hit a nearby Baptist church that had produced multiple silver coins just last year. I was skunked the last couple of times I hunted there, but having no better places to hunt, I gave it another shot.

It turned out to be a wise decision- within a couple of hours, I had found two wheat pennies (including a 1911), a 1941 canadian penny and two mercury dimes ('35 & '42). It's hard to believe I missed them that many times, but they were all rather deep (each at least 8 inches).

It was great to find silver again, and there is still probably more at that site. Guess where I'll be tomorrow...

Upvote 1
H

Holyfield

Congrats and welcome back. Hit that Church a couple more times and dig the deepest faintest signals that you hear..You may have dug up just the tip of the iceberg--HappyHunt'in-Holyfield

OP
OP
T

Thonolan

Mar 20, 2003
Port Huron, MI
Holyfield, I went back to the church just yesterday and quickly found a 1951d wheat within a few minutes. After that, I had a guy come over and spend a couple of hours chatting with me. By the time he left, the heat was getting to me and I called it a day. Today I tried it again, but the ground had dried out and there were no more signals. I'll be back as soon as it rains again. I do think that there are more deep coins in front of that church.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You never know-- there was the story about the fellow detecting in front of a church in Australia. He dug a faint signal a few feet off where the sidewalk ended. Down about 3 feet he found the 4th largest gold nugget ever found in that country! It would have been dug by the guys putting in the sidewalk if they had continued on...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread