Hadron collider fixed and ready to wreak havoc

Mark_NC

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/sat, Tesoro Bandito 2, Fisher 1236x2
BuckleBoy said:
Kentucky Kache said:
And while you're at it, pray that they don't destroy us before we have the chance to die due to hybrid food, cancer, car wreck, or any other of the wonderful things science has given us.

Yes, you're right. Science is awful. I'd rather go back to life being "nasty, brutish, and short." The single most deadly invention in the history of mankind--the Gun--that was invented by scientists too, right?

Did they actually have scientist in mid 1300's China? Not that it really matters, but I am sure there was people being killed before then as well. :laughing9: They just found a more efficient way to do it.

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
Marc said:
Of course, if it weren't for unrealistic optimism, this forum wouldn't exist!

(sorry couldn't resist!)

Yepper, that's the way I like to roll!! :laughing9:(I still think BO and NP came from another diminsion to eat our babies... or not!!)

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Shortstack said:
The only GOOD thought on this whole thing is the fact that those educated idio-tts will be the first to get folded, stapled, and mutilated.
Famous last words, "We thought it would work." >:(
That same "i-d-i-o-t-i-c" thinking that dreamed up all the modern conveniences that you can't do without. You should perhaps consider a hunter/gatherer lifestyle if you eschew science to that extent.
Or you could say a prayer for the scientists, engineers, machinists, workers, and builders next time you use your microwave.

The development of microwave ovens and the downscaling of radar klystron tubes to power them was a LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITLE bit different that using that colider in trying to reproduce the Big Bang.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
BuckleBoy said:
Shortstack said:
The only GOOD thought on this whole thing is the fact that those educated idio-tts will be the first to get folded, stapled, and mutilated.
Famous last words, "We thought it would work." >:(
That same "i-d-i-o-t-i-c" thinking that dreamed up all the modern conveniences that you can't do without. You should perhaps consider a hunter/gatherer lifestyle if you eschew science to that extent.
Or you could say a prayer for the scientists, engineers, machinists, workers, and builders next time you use your microwave.

The development of microwave ovens and the downscaling of radar klystron tubes to power them was a LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITLE bit different that using that colider in trying to reproduce the Big Bang.

The specifics are different--worlds apart in fact--but your bad attitude is still the same: Fighting those silly educated people and their science, quest for truth, and education with your pseudoscience, superstition, and conspiracy theories.

Have you had to go back to school after the economic collapse, or were you lucky enough to get to keep your job?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
vibes said:
as we move forward into unknown, uncharted territory, there will be many who do not agree and are set in their unwilling and unforgiving ways.

I *could* sit here for hours and lists ways that too many individuals wreak havoc on society....this Hadron chit is tinker toy stuff.

Amen.

The financial meltdown "reached its PEAK in September and October." The collapse started way before that.

Any perceived connection between the two events is totally unwarranted.

I do have a suggestion, though. Strap Phil Graham and the other financial "gurus" in the collider.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
The specifics are different--worlds apart in fact--but your bad attitude is still the same: Fighting those silly educated people and their science, quest for truth, and education with your pseudoscience, superstition, and conspiracy theories.

Have you had to go back to school after the economic collapse, or were you lucky enough to get to keep your job?

MY bad attitude? :laughing9: Looks like YOU'VE cornered the market on "bad attitude." You're trying to turn an opinion thread into a personal vendetta. Have I gone back to school? NO. Have I kept my job? None of your business.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bum Luck said:
I do have a suggestion, though. Strap Phil Graham and the other financial "gurus" in the collider.

;D :icon_thumleft:

GPURS

Apr 18, 2007
N.E. of Atlanta
Shortstack said:
BuckleBoy said:

MY bad attitude? :laughing9: Looks like YOU'VE cornered the market on "bad attitude." You're trying to turn an opinion thread into a personal vendetta. Have I gone back to school? NO. Have I kept my job? None of your business.

Don't take anything that guy says too seriously Shortstack, as he is one of these guys that never made it into the real world but rather decided to remain in the warm cocoon of the "academic world". These types always are quick to get their panties in a wad whenever the intentions or motivations of the ivory tower crowd are brought into question. He is one of these that will never pay very much in taxes, but has no limit as to how much of other folks tax money should spent on hair brained projects(sniff sniff, all in the name of science).... Gpurs...

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GPURS said:
Shortstack said:
BuckleBoy said:

Don't take anything that guy says too seriously Shortstack, as he is one of these guys that never made it into the real world but rather decided to remain in the warm cocoon of the "academic world". These types always are quick to get their panties in a wad whenever the intentions or motivations of the ivory tower crowd are brought into question. He is one of these that will never pay very much in taxes, but has no limit as to how much of other folks tax money should spent on hair brained projects(sniff sniff, all in the name of science).... Gpurs...

OHHhhhhh. One of THOOOoose! Gotcha. :thumbsup:
About 45 years, or so, ago I planned for my future. My intentions then was not to try to be the richest man in the world, but to be able to keep a roof over my head and groceries on the table. I have managed to do that. Not rich in money, but rich in spirit and able to carry my own load. I've paid my dues in more ways than one to this country and her citizens and feel that I owe NO explanation to ANY swinging...............!
Well, to anyone; most especially to any denizen of the academic world. OOOH--RAA and a boogity-boogity. :icon_pirat:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My CPA and I were talking about this the other day and he said all this started on September 12,1991,the day after 911.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shortstack said:
GPURS said:
Shortstack said:
BuckleBoy said:

OHHhhhhh. One of THOOOoose! Gotcha. :thumbsup:
About 45 years, or so, ago I planned for my future. My intentions then was not to try to be the richest man in the world, but to be able to keep a roof over my head and groceries on the table. I have managed to do that. Not rich in money, but rich in spirit and able to carry my own load. I've paid my dues in more ways than one to this country and her citizens and feel that I owe NO explanation to ANY swinging...............!
Well, to anyone; most especially to any denizen of the academic world. OOOH--RAA and a boogity-boogity. :icon_pirat:

LOL, you must have no idea how little teachers get paid. :D

I pay my taxes in full. And I get just as much voting power as you guys do--a Single Vote. Teachers are not the reason that this tired old world is the way it is right now. Nor is the hadron collider. Otherwise the answer would be simple--murder all of us teachers and blow up the particle smasher. :D

Most of the scientific projects that go on in the U.S. are funded by Businesses and Corporations (especially medical). They are not funded by the State or Federal Government. GPURS would do well to find out how much tax money is spent on "hair brained scientific projects" vs. how much money from the private sector is spent on these projects before he spouts off in a public forum. :wink: But perhaps he considers Paving a Road to be a hair brained scientific project. :D

-Buck

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
[mod]Here's a thought...

How about confining this discussion to the collider and issues directly related to it?

Those members who are unable to contain their opinions of one another are advised to express them only in PM's or e-mails, not on an open forum.
[/mod]

21stTNCav

Apr 11, 2006
Tennessee/Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov / Fisher CZ-70 Pro/Fisher CZ 20
My opinion regarding the collider. As already stated:

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BARRIER BETWEEN US AND THE DIMINISION OF BABIE EATERS WILL BETORN ASSUNDER!! :blob8: :blob8: :sad1: MASS HYSTERIA WILL HAPPEN!! RUN FOR YUR LIVES!!! THEY WILL EAT US ALL!! :tongue7: :sad5: BUY A HAM RAIDO SO YOU CAN HELP THE UNDERGROUND DURING THE WAR WITH THE BABIE EATERS!!! :icon_pale: :boxing:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
21stTNCav:

Your attempt at humor may be closer to the truth than you know. The theories of multiple dimensions are already being taken seriously by many notable physicists. Several years ago, I bought and read a book titled, PARALLEL UNIVERSES, The Search for Other Worlds, by Fred Alan Wolf, PhD. There is a very interesting idea mentioned in this book:

The present quantum physical picture of the electron is that in order for it not to fall into the nucleus, it exists in the the form of a cloud, not a particle. The cloud is made up of separate electrons, each occupying a different position in a separate world or universe. As long as no one tries to locate it, these separate universes overlay, creating a single world. In this world the electron is a cloud in space, and this cloud actually gives the atom its shape in the world and provides it with a stable and defined energy.

He then proceeds to speak of the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle and other subatomic information. My point here is to point out, again, that the people "playing" with that collider at CERN are trying to reproduce the so-called Big Bang which, theoretically produced all energies in existence. Now what if, in playing with this atomic collider, they open one of the other dimensions and an unknown energy blasts through, ripping apart this planet; this solar system?

God promised that if he ever found the need to destroy mankind again, it would be by fire. What better way to fuel that fire, than atomic energy?

pygmy

Jul 4, 2008
Detector(s) used
hound dog
The Men in Black have relevance here. I believe the collider is the means to break free
of the Galaxy that we are trapped in and to enable us to interact with those other Galaxies
that the "Hand" in the final sequence is playing marbles with.

How many here feel trapped in a hum drum existence and wish for a epoch making event
to jolt the world to its senses.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
As Texan Connection pointed out earlier, there were those who were against nuclear testing for fear of causing an atmospheric chain reaction.....

As far as "dadgum science costs too much money"....well, science brought you medicine, fuel efficient engines, chemistry, and your metal detectors. Or did you think they were created by magic?

K

Kentucky Kache

Libralabsoldier said:
As Texan Connection pointed out earlier, there were those who were against nuclear testing for fear of causing an atmospheric chain reaction.....

As far as "dadgum science costs too much money"....well, science brought you medicine, fuel efficient engines, chemistry, and your metal detectors. Or did you think they were created by magic?

It's not so much science, but the abuses and irresponsibility of science that is bad. We're all spoiled to the conveniences science had given us, but at the same time our planet is being destroyed, and lives are being lost daily. And we say, oh well, it's just the price we pay for progress. We once breathed clean air, and could drink water from streams...not any more. We once didn't worry about our teenagers being killed in car wrecks, but now we do. We once didn't have deformities and death from eating hybrid food, but now we do. Yes sir, we have progressed. I know the argument about medicine, but even that has been abused to the point we can't survive without it. Our bodies are so weakened from the food we eat, and by chemicals, that we need these things to hold us up. If we'd had the good sense to use medicine wisely, and not let things get out of control, and not do all these other things, we'd be doing good. But that's not our nature. We had to keep "progressing" until we got the world in the mess it's in, where not only these things are happening, but we've lost even the ability to recognize what's really going on.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
How did we get this far with no Bible verse quotes? :laughing7:

Maybe they'll fire that thing up and Buckle Boy will get his T-net search powers back.

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Ok, KK, here we go:

It's not so much science, but the abuses and irresponsibility of science that is bad. We're all spoiled to the conveniences science had given us, but at the same time our planet is being destroyed, and lives are being lost daily. And we say, oh well, it's just the price we pay for progress. We once breathed clean air, and could drink water from streams(Except for Giardia, which is still a problem, and the other water borne illnesses such as amobeiasis, and typhoid)...not any more. We once didn't worry about our teenagers being killed in car wrecks, but now we do.(Cars are safer now than they ever were, but teens also are texting more, so we will call that a draw) We once didn't have deformities and death from eating hybrid food, but now we do. (Care to post a source. Many deformities are from over use of soy products, which contain phytoestrogens, and chemical pesticides)Yes sir, we have progressed. I know the argument about medicine, but even that has been abused to the point we can't survive without it.(We are living far longer now, or do you perhaps think we should all die in our forties as was common a scant fifty to seventy five years ago? More and more of my military brothers and sisters are surviving war thanks to medical improvements) Our bodies are so weakened from the food we eat, and by chemicals, that we need these things to hold us up. (NoIf we'd had the good sense to use medicine wisely, and not let things get out of control, and not do all these other things, we'd be doing good. But that's not our nature. We had to keep "progressing" until we got the world in the mess it's in, where not only these things are happening, but we've lost even the ability to recognize what's really going on.
(Most people fear change. We are saving more and more lives every year. There is a balance that must be paid. Environmental damage comes from greedy businesses, not your everyday person. Greedy developers suck every drop of water from ancient aquifers....we have the scientific ability to create newer, cleaner engines, but people want cheap easy fossil fuels. People want to live close to the shore, without regard to the fact that nature can never be fully tamed, no matter how good science is. )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions