Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Out hunting around a old burnt down barn yesterday with my Teknetics Liberator i came across this. About 9"down MD was set in coin mode and sens set @ 6.The thing went CRAZZZZY :) 010.JPG I somewhat cleaned it up w/a water & baking soda paste mixture. 009.JPG

Upvote 16

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GOT ONE JUST LIKE IT >

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think what TreazureHunter was trying to say was that silver is now at around $16.00 (Per ounce) in melt value. A silver half dollar is typically just a little under 90% silver content. A half dollar would contain less than half an ounce of actual silver. So the value quotes above that say $5.94 are accurate. (Keep in mind that nobody will pay you full bullion value if you're selling it because they have to have a profit margin to make money. If they paid you full bullion value, they wouldn't make money)
Thanks. You are right also. Guess that other member on this forum seems to have the need to split hairs. I should have just said "that because it was cleaned, its only worth bullion value" minus whatever the silver buyer wants to subtract, so he can make his profit.

Aug 5, 2015
Detector(s) used
Entry level POS that I found in the thickets along a river.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forget grading it. You should be focusing on wearing it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread