ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 or 3 half dollar magician coins that aren't silver. I can't figure out how to get the dang things open. I've dropped and bounced them off everything in the house to no avail. Even took one and "baseballed" it into some concrete steps a couple if times. Still didn't open.

I saved them, but have no particular attachment to them. I'd definitely be willing to swap them out.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
To open - get a pint style beer glass. Place coin in glass and shake it fairly quickly with your hand over the top. May take a few minutes but should open. Worked every time for me. I did break one glass so make sure the glass is thick. How much silver are you offering for a magician coin?

Maine_Jim

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maine_Jim said:
To open - get a pint style beer glass. Place coin in glass and shake it fairly quickly with your hand over the top. May take a few minutes but should open. Worked every time for me. I did break one glass so make sure the glass is thick. How much silver are you offering for a magician coin?

Maine_Jim

I'll give it a try, but that sure sounds like the punch line to a "How do you keep a dumb Arkie busy?" joke. :laughing9:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
maine_Jim said:

Maine_Jim

Like Jim said, make sure the glass is thick. Err on the side of caution. Thick mason jars aren't thick enough for some that need more "persuasion". I've never found a silver magician's coin.

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
If you go to a magic shop, they have a device especially made to open the coin up. But as said by previous replyers, just shake it in a beer mug. Maybe a little oil will help on the tough ones.
rileyboy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard if you freeze them to get them brittle, then drop onto a hard surface like a concrete sidewalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread