HALF lucky, I guess !

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Did my normal dump & pickups at my five banks on Sat morning. At one of them, told the teller if she ever comes across a box of halves that someone ever refused just let me know. She said, as a matter of fact I do have a box of halves just sitting in the vault, can you take it off my hands. I normally don't do halves, but I took them anyway, and also cut down my dimes from 2-boxes to one from her. Checked the box (a double layer brown Brinks box) out Sat eve, and pulled the following: 2-90%('52-d Ben, '64d), 6-40%, 4-Nifc, 1-$2 Canadian. For the box of dimes, Skunk, and short one roll to boot. After reading all the skunk posts from the majority of you CRH's, I guess I was just a lil-bit lucky on this one. I'm not complaining, but still stacking.

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
That was a very good half box. It would normally take a lot of dime boxes to find that much silver. Maybe you should consider trying your luck with a few more half boxes. Btw, what's a $2 Canadian? Is that some type of modern commem?

Your short dime roll reminds me of my luck with dimes this past week. One of my half dollar p/u banks didn't have any half boxes last week so I decided to get $100 cwr dimes (my first dimes of the year) instead but got skunked. And when I dumped $400 in re-rolled coins ($370 in halves and $30 in dimes) at a bank yesterday the teller tried to short me both a roll of dimes and a roll of halves and just gave me $385 at first. I told her her count was wrong with both denominations and she recounted and finally gave me my other $15. Not even being able to count 6 dime rolls accurately is just sloppy incompetence. I also remember getting a couple of short Brinks dime boxes a few years ago when I was searching dimes. Sure seems like a common problem with dimes - either with the coins in the rolls being short or even the # of rolls in the boxes being short on occasion. I've never had a half box that was short rolls. Not yet anyway.

H$H!

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a pretty good box there.

HH

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found 3 Canadian $2 coins in half rolls from CRH. I'll take those all day long for 50c. I just saved them with a bunch of other Canadian then sold it on eBay.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread