Unsearched Rolls

digger34

Apr 1, 2013
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE LTD, Teknetics Delta 4000, Garrett Pro Pointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone on here tried unsearched wheat/indian head penny rolls on Ebay. Just want to see what buyers you buy from, and if its worth the money.
Do you have to spend more to find true unsearched coin roll lots.
Thanks

Upvote 0

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I think in most cases you'll likely wind up overpaying for those rolls. And a lot of the rolls aren't as unsearched as they claim to be. But it probably depends somewhat on the seller. I've bid on some of those types of rolls in the past but I never won any of them because I wasn't willing to pay too much for them. Good luck.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not belive on insearch bags roll on ebay. Why would somo one would let it see an ender with a vdb penny and ask " 1909 s"?????

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been hashed out before- anyone with half a brain knows thise rolls are doctored and youre paying for what tou see- the seller might stuff the roll with decent commens but sorry whats the saying? A suckers born every day?

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy a lottery ticket instead, better odds.

Zukovsky

Oct 26, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace-350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought two of em when I was first starting out, just so I could fill some spots in my album. I paid around twenty dollars for the two. I got a nice variety of dates, about half were from the fourties and fifties, but it filled many spots in my album. Out of the two I got eight indian heads, but it will definately vary if you don't buy the from the same guy as I did. If you're starting out, I would reccomended buying a couple, because I'll admit, it was fun opening them. As far as if it is worth it or not, I would stay away if you want to make profit.

Last edited:

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Remember, the key to eBay unsearched rolls: the seller did not search the rolls.... but his buddy did!

StoneFree

Oct 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got completely robbed on some "unsearched" wheat rolls. There were 1914, and 1909 on the ends but all 40's and 50's in between, and I bought several of those rolls. Lesson learned the hard way.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got completely robbed on some "unsearched" wheat rolls. There were 1914, and 1909 on the ends but all 40's and 50's in between, and I bought several of those rolls. Lesson learned the hard way.

... Here's your sign!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread