IMG_0023.jpg

Upvote 0

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Woah. Thats a few, I mean a bunch of relics, and sure a nice group of trss stuff. Is the first solo point shown a single notched point, or a triangle with a ding?

Last edited:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!!! Very nice pieces there Steve. I really like the Bone piece that resembles a leaf. Is that a Game Piece?

Did he give these to you or just show them to you?

T Witko

Jul 22, 2010
North Dakota
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to give you a perspective of how prolific the site is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but those are all pieces found this Spring. We are truely blessed to be able to hunt there.

(And this is just a 1/2 pint of the good stuff.)

Last edited:

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to give you a perspective of how prolific the site is, and correct me if I'm wrong, but those are all pieces found this Spring. We are truely blessed to be able to hunt there.

(And this is just a 1/2 pint of the good stuff.)

Amazing!
I will take a 1/2 pint of the bad stuff!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a pile of them. There is some real nice pieces in that mix.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Woah. Thats a few, I mean a bunch of relics, and sure a nice group of trss stuff. Is the first solo point shown a single notched point, or a triangle with a ding?

yes it IS a single notch point...and image #4 shows a single notch krf point along with a trss triangle that broke and subsequently had two notches added
we find them on a rare but consistent basis

WOW!!! Very nice pieces there Steve. I really like the Bone piece that resembles a leaf. Is that a Game Piece?

yes steve it is a game piece....it is the 'spider'

Did he give these to you or just show them to you?
he dumped them on the work bench and told me to take what i want.....
....so i took about 15 pieces to send to 'heritageharvestseedgirl' .....she is a tnet member that has a heirloom seed business in canada.....she has sent us a bunch of mandan arikara hidatsa bean corn and sunflower seeds.....
.....and she is great and very knowledgeable

That is nice he finds his artifacts and gives them to you.

he also gave me two buffalo shoulder blade shovels/hoes and a bag full of pottery to send to tanya the seed girl.........
.......but i only took those pieces and he took the rest home to his personal museum which is one hell of a bunch of goodies

twitko is right.....this stuff is just the better stuff....he has a few buckets of brokes

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
just gotta say to all my tnet friends that north dakota is a great place to be.........
....especially at this time of the year.......
.......i just wish russy would leave a few pieces for me to find.........oh well?

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt it hard and plow it again. That carved leaf. I also have never ever seen anything like that. You guys are lucky to have such a great owner and friend :thumbsup:.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
you know Tn we have several more examples of game pieces like that
i got one or two and pretty sure that john has a few too
they are part of the set of seven.....i think we have all of them except for the one with a tatonka face on it

CR Point

Apr 2, 2013
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
Larson1951 Flipping Stick
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 1/2 pint sure is a great collection of finds so far this year. We just never know what we will come across when we are out flip'n and oh my we can not say enough on how lucky we are to have a field to go hunting on. The land owner is a very kind man. Thanks for sharing Larson!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am having a hard time figuring out your site. On the one hand you find plenty of utilitarian stuff, beads, hooks, brokes, bones, scrapers, evidence of farming etc. But you also find so darn many good points. I always figured points would be found out in the field, lost, used, missed on the hunt, shaken off by the wounded animal etc. So why so many good points at the village site?.....perhaps the place was abandoned quickly?....disease...warfare...something like that?

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I am having a hard time figuring out your site. On the one hand you find plenty of utilitarian stuff, beads, hooks, brokes, bones, scrapers, evidence of farming etc. But you also find so darn many good points. I always figured points would be found out in the field, lost, used, missed on the hunt, shaken off by the wounded animal etc. So why so many good points at the village site?.....perhaps the place was abandoned quickly?....disease...warfare...something like that?

it is a 35 acre site that is at least 5000 years old it is a huge field and at times there were over 90 round earth lodges there
so i think all these things lead to a ton a artifacts....they were manufactured here re-sharpened here and stored here...they were easy to make with the availability of great material
and plenty of time to make these things as they waited for the crops to grow and fished and.....?

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
do you know it's probable history of abandonment?

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Dang it, just dang it. You sure do beat all Steve. WTG!!! As always love the bone pieces ....and a whole flock of birdies and beads.

OP
OP
larson1951

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
do you know it's probable history of abandonment?[/QUOT

the white man brought small pox and that was the end
lewis and clark were at the site in 1704 and there was nobody there

Dang it, just dang it. You sure do beat all Steve. WTG!!! As always love the bone pieces ....and a whole flock of birdies and beads.

thank you bravo

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
...I get it now. So within a few years, 5000 years of history just plain stopped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread