Half Searcher Tries Nickels and Dimes (and other updates)

Ben-Ro

May 18, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
So, over the past couple days I've picked up a few CWR rolls of nickels and dimes (no MWR, yet) to see what I could see. Here's what I saw:

skunk.jpg
I've named them Thomas and Rosie.

On another note, I've talked the head teller at one of my banks into letting me 'buy' a bag of halves right off the coin counter. She said the cash vault manager won't let me buy the bag directly from the bank using cash, whether full or partially full. But, since I've made friends with the head teller, she's going to exchange the coins in the bag for coins that I've already searched. This bag has been sitting in the counter for over 8 months as they haven't changed it out since that teller has been working there, which means no one is dumping there.

Unfortunately, I only have $500 in halves right now and I need $788 to buy out the bag. I don't have another $500 sitting in my account to buy another box (only have about $400), so I'm trying to find random rolls at banks to make up the $288 difference. I've found $110 and am struggling to find the other $180.

Wish me luck. Hopefully I can find the rest of the coin before my next payday...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
who knows maybe you'll score big trying to get the extra halves!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread