Halloween Treat and 50th Indian of the year!!

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been chasing a certain coin for almost three years now, I finally resorted to superstition and starting carrying one of them in my pocket while hunting. I won it as a door prize last year at the seeded hunt I went to in South Carolina.

I drove two hours down to a town I had hunted a couple weeks ago when I had a three Rosy day, so I was hoping for a similar day this time.

After two plus hours I had nothing but clad and decided to go get lunch and try going down the same streets I had luck on last time, only one block further this time.

After going down the block I was coming back on the curb side and got a slamming 34-35 that I hoped was something good, every time I got them numbers this year it was always junk but when I cut the plug this time I saw a big silver rim! When I dug it out the first thing I saw was the eagle on the back and I got really excited because I knew I finally found it!!! my first Walker!!!:headbang:

Wow, what a relief, I been looking for one of these for a looooooooooong time and it finally happened! I had found three Franklins, a Barber and Seated halfs and
always figured a Walker would come before those, but I`m sure not complaining.

To end the day I got an old farmhouse permission on the way home that was a dud except for an Indian and three wheats.

Sunday I got a permission here in town and found a Washington and a King George VI canadian dime, my first! plus Indian number 50 for the year.

I also added a few pictures of some of my finds from the last month.

20201102_000208.jpg20201102_000259.jpg20201101_234110.jpg20201101_234801.jpg20201101_234952.jpg20201101_235026.jpg20201101_235341.jpg20201101_235419.jpg20201101_235711.jpg20201031_131035.jpg

Upvote 21
Looks like a coin was sat up against your barber, what was it?

Now that is awesome. Contgrats. I got my first this year aswell. Its the only half I've ever dug. But 50 Indians holy cow. I've got 4 all part of a spill. Still looking for barber or seated anything.

Congratulations on finally finding a Walking Liberty Half Dollar! :occasion14:

Congrats on finding your Walker. It's such a great feeling to see such a big hunk of silver come out of the ground...especially if its one that has been eluding you.
PS- 50 IHP's in a year is a pretty awesome number...wow!

There is nothing like the thrill of digging up a big silver coin out of the dirt! And then it turns out to be a Walker! And it is your first liberty walking half dollar! Congratulations on that great find! And and all the other great coins you found. Thanks for sharing with us.

Congrats on the Walker and the other great finds !
I've found (8) Walkers and (25) Kennedy Half's (none of the Kennedy's are Silver) but I can't find a Franklin Half to save my life ! :BangHead:

Congrats on the Walker and the other great finds !
I've found (8) Walkers and (25) Kennedy Half's (none of the Kennedy's are Silver) but I can't find a Franklin Half to save my life ! :BangHead:

The first silver I found with my Equinox was a Franklin half, pure blind luck I suppose!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back