Halves: stick a fork in Georgia, or the fat lady is singing in Georgia.

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
The last two weeks I have been going around to local towns trying to buy halves. At almost every stop the tellers said that someone was just in last week and bought them all. I did find one place that had $640 in halves. I told the teller I would buy $200 worth as she and the head teller were counting the loose halves, the head teller let it slip that they were dumps from a guy that bought the halves from another bank. Oh snap!!!! Buying boxes doesn't help either. I had bought eight boxes a while back and got skunked.

Upvote 0

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
LemonThrower said:
Hit80's, what parts of Georgia are dry? In Atlanta, there are some streets that have 10 banks in a 2-3 block stretch. I would think that it would be hard to clean out the entire city, but I haven't looked yet. I just search my pocket change.
As for Atlanta, I was just there last weekend visiting family (and searching some halves!). I went through ~$3000 of mostly handrolls in an area from Peachtree Street to Peachtree Blvd. on one side and Peachtree Court to Peachtree lane on the other (anyone who has every been to ATL knows this area too well!). Results = 1 40% and a tank of gas! Not to mention the years off my life from fighting the traffic!

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
These things go into cycles. Most of what we are finding hasn't been sitting in a vault somewhere they are being ran through machines and turned into banks. Allot of folks are CRHing right now. 3/4 of them will give up in the next few months cause they are not making thousands of dollars and the 30-40 silver halves they have will be in a drawer or jar somewhere. Little johhny wants a new PS2 game snatches them up and heads to the store and bang they are in my bag or roll in a few weeks. When the ryedale machines first came out I noticed a big drop in my wheat cents. After a few months and a nice no melting ban from the Fed they have slowely went back up to 12-15 a box. Patience is key, although mine was severley tested after 17 straight boxes of skunks. Since then I haven't been skunked in 10 boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions