Halves streak up to 16 boxes & I got a war nickel in change

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Halves streak up to 16 boxes & I got a war nickel in change

I'm up to 16 straight boxes of Brinks skunks. It is getting really old, especially dumping them. When you've had this many skunks in a row, it is easy to start thinking that Brinks is culling silver in our area.

On the bright side, I met a friend for lunch today, and in my change, I got a 1945 war nickel. This is a first for me. It's not like pulling a Ben out of a roll of halves, but exciting nonetheless.

Upvote 0

CHAINCHOMP

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2010
Colorado Springs CO.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QS
Re: Halves streak up to 16 boxes & I got a war nickel in change

sweet find!!! congrats! too bad on the halves tho :-\ keep it up and hh! [R.I.P. Rich Hartford]

jewelerdave

Aug 29, 2007
Fort Collins, Colorado
Detector(s) used
I just follow my nose!...where the silver and gold goes!
Minelab 5000, Goldmaster, and a few others
XRF spectrometer, Common sense.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

They are pulling when they see or hear them in the machines. I have bought quite a bit from those guys. why would they not? they can make money at it and all you have to do is keep your ears and eyes open.

EpicDeuce

Dec 2, 2010

Maybe time to get a part time job in one of there sorting facilities?

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

jewelerdave said:
They are pulling when they see or hear them in the machines. I have bought quite a bit from those guys. why would they not? they can make money at it and all you have to do is keep your ears and eyes open.

Because it's illegal. They can't take money that does not belong to them.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT

jewelerdave said:

What part of the country are you in? I'll make sure I never move there. :laughing9:

If they have a coinstar like machines, then they can do it but most of the servicers don't have them as far as I know. It would be bad if one of their coin counters went bad and they replaced it with a coinstar like machine. They can have the excuse of using them purify the coins they sent out. No foreign coins, tokens, washers, or silver. Hope it never happens.

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SeaninNH said:
Because it's illegal. They can't take money that does not belong to them.

he never said they were just pulling them for all you know they could be pulling them and putting in a half dollar of their own.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread