Hampton Beach Hunt This Sunday March 8th Rain or Shine!!!

RelicHunterBob

Aug 22, 2008
Brookline, NH
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, DFX
Due to snow forecasted for Sunday, it has been moved out a week. If you plan on participating in the seeded hunt, here is what will be buried:

1749 2 Reale
3 KIng George coppers
20 US large cents
20 assorted coppers (1700 & 1800a)
50 Indian cents
20 buffalo nickels
20 Victory nickels
one 2 cent piece
4 thick indian pennies
2 barber quarters
5 barber dimes

There is a hunt being organized for this Sunday March 1st from 11 - 12. Cost is $10. If interested in attending, contact George at 603-876-4443.

HOWEVER, even if you don't want to participate this is a good opportunity for us to meet each other and plan some future hunt many have talked about. So if you don't want to participate, why not show up just before Noon when the hunt ends? Hunt is held near the kids playground.

I plan on being there with Wendy and Doug said he is going at 11:00.

If you think you are going post your name. I'll be there with a DFX or TDI. Wendy an M6.

Hope to meet some of you Sunday.

Bob K

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Tesoro Conqistador umax, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So how did it go? ??? I have to apologize for not showing even though I never said I was. :( The time change messed me up, forgot to turn the clocks ahead till late this morning and then my wife mention this hunt and it was already just a few minutes before noon. :icon_scratch: I really wanted to go and see what it was all about and just say Hi to all. :hello: I'm heading out now to one of the Big Three, Hampton, Seabrook, or Salisbury just to get out there, need to SWING, ya know. Think I'll go to Salisbury North end of the Reservation. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

RelicHunterBob

Aug 22, 2008
Brookline, NH
Detector(s) used
White's TDI, DFX
Was nice

The weather was nice. There was a good breeze but not cold enough that you had to wear gloves. It was a good opportunity to get out and put some faces to names. I got there just as it was starting. After the hunt I met Caretaker, Treasurechick and NHDoug. I found 3 buffalo's, one was 1935, 3 IH pennies1879, 1880 & 1907, a Russian coin from 1812, a Spanish Commemorative coin 1812, a British coin 1874 and a French coin from 1856. Also a small silver horse with rider charm and a toe ring. No pics, I only post natural finds. Went down to Jenness Beach with Doug (NHDoug) for a few hours as it was still very nice out. Dough found a nice heavy men's silver ring. I found a thin silver loop earring and a penny. Other than parts of lobster traps it was a pretty clean beach. Found 1 tab and 3 bottle caps.

It was a nice socail event with an opportunity to meet some people from the forum and get the "rust" off my swing. Look forward to meeting more people at the next beach hunt in Revere later this month, NHBob's Natural Hunt in the Keene area April 25th &/or BONE National Hunt in Marlbough, NH April 26th.

HH

Bob K

Mat in MA

Feb 8, 2008
Central Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver µMax, DetectorPro Head Hunter Wader, White's MXT, Garrett GTA500, White's Bullseye II pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't get a chance to get to this hunt but ...

[size=14pt]here's a photo of those of you who did. It looks like you all had a good time considering the day before the hunt that beach was totally covered with snow. Maybe with a bit of luck I'll join you in one of the future hunts.

Hamphunt.jpg

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, looked like a good turn out. Maybe we can get this New Hampshire forum a little more active. That would be great. It doesn't matter what your swinging, just that you are swinging. I'd love to either bump into others or some hunts to other hunting spots. I just enjoy it. I even make weekend trips to Cape Cod or coast of Maine. Lets see if we can get the activity a little higher here on the New Hapshire forum. My next hunt I'll start posting pictures here. Hope to see a lot of others. :thumbsup: to start here is one of my better last years finds.

Attachments

• Silver Ring 925 Claddagh 09-13-07.jpg
    Silver Ring 925 Claddagh 09-13-07.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 371

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, now I see why it's so hard to get this NH forum going. I posted two days ago and no one has replied, nor has there even been a new message posted. Guess NH is to small for a forum to work. Well I'm not giving up. I'm going to post here and once I get a few personal things out of the way I'll be hunting weekly and post them here. I hope we can get this forum busy, fun, and educational. Taxes now, Daughters wedding shower tomorrow, work week (but sun up much longer now) maybe week day hunts, Sunday the 22nd have to bring my 2nd daughter back to school in Rhode Island. Maybe a good hunt down there. I'm determined to get this forum active. I know theres more than 5 or 6 people that detect in New Hampshire whether or not you live here. The weather is getting better, lets get together and have some fun.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry I don't post as much - I have so much going on these days that it's hard to read and respond to all the forums and posts I have an interest in. Please continue posting - I know there were a number of people here during the fall/winter wanting to get together this year, so if we keep posting, it'll liven up a bit I think

BamofNH

Aug 20, 2007
Chester, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would just be nice to get the New Hampshire Forum active with people that either live and hunt here or just hunt here. I hunt the whole coast. I've hunted from Old Orchard to Cape Cod and all were / are fun. Postings will soon be coming. :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BamofNH said:
It would just be nice to get the New Hampshire Forum active with people that either live and hunt here or just hunt here. I hunt the whole coast. I've hunted from Old Orchard to Cape Cod and all were / are fun. Postings will soon be coming. :icon_sunny: :thumbsup:

Just an FYI - while I frequent this forum, there is another for those of us in the Northeast that was started up by a friend of mine a year or so ago that I stop by more often. It's more active than this one here and is a great place to get to know folks from our area, join some group hunts, learn a thing or two more about detecting and possibly find a local buddy to go hunting with.

http://www.northeastmetaldetectingforum.com/

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.
Yes, that is a good site also. Also the Bone event sould be a good time. I will be attending NH Bob's Saturday hunt, which sounds like fun with only a few enteries left. I will not be able to make the Sunday events, which look like they could be fun for the whole family.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John (Ma) said:
Yes, that is a good site also. Also the Bone event sould be a good time. I will be attending NH Bob's Saturday hunt, which sounds like fun with only a few enteries left. I will not be able to make the Sunday events, which look like they could be fun for the whole family.

I'm in the same boat as you John - I'll be at NHBob's all day Saturday hunt in hopes of finding some great things, but I can't make it to Sunday's events.

Hope to see you there!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread