Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, went to a country auction today, watched a couple lots of clad Ike dollars sell from $2.50 to 3 each coin. I KID YOU NOT.
I also saw common date walking halves sell for $8 average.
I must have been caught up in the frenzy, also it was my first auction, anyway, I ended up buying a LOT (too many) of average mercs for $2.50 ea. DOH! Embarassing, to say the least. I wasn't paying attention, so I had to pay the piper.
I know this post isn't about CRHing, but I thought it may interest some. I may just start saving those Ike's that I usually spend! FFD

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
That's insane on the Ikes. I used to get them whenever possible, and have gone through a thousand or so and never found a keeper. Anyone who would pay that much for a basic Ike is not informed or crazy.

The auction you went to sounds like some Ebay sales regarding how much people will pay for stuff. Good for the sellers though I guess.

Jim

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what you are telling me is I paid $98 for CiCi's pizza for Pierce and I for dinner tonight? If you don't mind I will borrow your quote

DOH!

OP
OP
fistfulladirt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Piercesdad said:
So what you are telling me is I paid $98 for CiCi's pizza for Pierce and I for dinner tonight? If you don't mind I will borrow your quote

DOH!
Ha ha! Well, ya know, they don't call them Ike's "silver dollars" for nuttin! FFD

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is about CRH. A coin gotten at a bargain price is CRH. At least you tried. We all make mistakes.

A coin dealer in my area sell commun date Clad Ikes for $2.50 but he will not buy them if I offer the Ikes to him.

One time I asked him. What is rare about those Ikes you are selling at more than face? He said, nothing but people likes them and buys them at more than face value.

I may buy some and when I go to Mexico (I am from there) I will try to sell them for $5.00 each

DW

wolfmann

Dec 30, 2006
I too was at a auction about two weeks ago. Mercs. were going for 4.00 each common circs. Could not believe my eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I was at an auction last week (where I bought my first and only $500 bill I have ever seen!!) and there were some NICE mercs there that sold for $1.50 each. I should have bought them. They were ultra bright and clean, and looke dalmost as good as some of those 2001 Kennedy's we all get that are straight from teh mint! Seriously. Much better than the MS63 stuff I bought a few years ago (that is probably AU50 at best!). Good mercs, for $1.50 each.

makes me wish I bought them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread