Totals for the week, a first and a surprise

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
I got 2 boxes of pennies this week and $120 in nickels. The penny boxes were more productive then usual, as they became number 1 and number 2 for amounts of wheaties found, with 20 and 43 respectively. Also got 22 canadians. The nickels gave up 36 pre-60 nickels, including a '42-S war nickel and a V nickel! My first ever. the poor thing is worn to almost nothing but you can still clearly see the design.
Anywho went to the dump bank today to cash it in and as I'm dumping in the machine i hear a clanging inside. I call over the lady who opens the machine and pulls out a 64 Silver Quarter, and hands it to me. I tried my best not to smile but i was so happy. She also handed me a 10 centavos cent from brazil and a coin i can't figure out, its american on one side, and asian(chinese?) on the other, and says olympia mathing games, i think it might be something the olympics in china but im not sure, anyone have any idea about it? All in all i think it was a pretty good week.

Upvote 0

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
congrats on the totals for the week. Do you happen to know what the date stamped on your penny boxes were. Did they happen to be Feb. 23, 2009. Just wondering because my boxes thia week dated for Feb. 23, 2009 have been absolutely excellent, one box produced 109 wheats...

Good luck and happy hunting,
Jason

steelsoldier

Feb 14, 2009
Raleigh NC
I will look for the Feb 23, 2009s.... All I know is Feb 9, 2009 is pretty bad, inspector 42... just finished the box 7 recent date wheats and 5 Canadians... the only thing came out nice is an extremely shiny 68s....

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job on the V, silver quarter, and all the wheats & nickels!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

OP
OP
quick-silver

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
Thanks guys, and Jason all the boxes i get in this area of new york don't have any dates stamped on them, they are all just plain brinks boxes.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
What a great week! I have yet to find a silver quarter in circulation, I have only dug up a few.

Golden Silver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread