Hanger System I Made To Keep Detector By My Side When Using Both Hands On Beach

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006
I made this rig for a few bucks on my two beach detectors see pic's.

This set up works like a quick release just lift little ball on budgie line out of slot ( will stay in slot for normal use) Budgie is long enough to swing detector when hunting with no issues. If second hand is needed just hang detector by your side and pull your arm out of the arm cuff. The detector will drop a little and hang out of the way by our side without being placed in the sand or in the water on shore line ( keeps detector cleaner) You can now use the second hand to assist in digging or what ever.( you can also bend or neal down with no issues still keeping the detector of the ground by your side) When done just slip hand through arm cuff pull the detector back in place and go back to swinging. This set up is fast and works great and only cost a few bucks to make and is the perfect length. You can not even tell it's on your detector when in use, much better than setting the unit on the ground for what ever reason.

( This set up works great for guys that like to use both hands with a shovel on the beach like some do. It allows the second hand to be freed up from the detector with out setting the detector down on the ground placing the control housing in the sand and muck)

This set up works great for me just thought I would share.

Nappy Hunting To All.
mds.gif

Bill G

Attachments

• Hanger 1.JPG
    Hanger 1.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 115
  • Hanger 2.JPG
    Hanger 2.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Hanger 3.JPG
    Hanger 3.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Hanger 4.JPG
    Hanger 4.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 104
  • Sand Shark Panel  8.jpg
    Sand Shark Panel 8.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 120
Upvote 0

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats clever- I use a harness purely to avoid having to put the machine down.- think I may try this. Work for a scoop also. Cool

OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006

This set up works like a quick release just lift little ball on budgie line out of slot ( will stay in slot for normal use) Budgie is long enough to swing detector when hunting with no issues. If second hand is needed just hang detector by your side and pull your arm out of the arm cuff. The detector will drop a little and hang out of the way by our side without being placed in the sand or in the water on shore line ( keeps detector cleaner) You can now use the second hand to assist in digging or what ever.( you can also bend or neal down with no issues still keeping the detector of the ground by your side) When done just slip hand through arm cuff pull the detector back in place and go back to swinging. This set up is fast and works great and only cost a few bucks to make and is the perfect length. You can not even tell it's on your detector when in use, much better than setting the unit on the ground for what ever reason.

( This set up works great for guys that like to use both hands with a shovel on the beach like some do. It allows the second hand to be freed up from the detector with out setting the detector down on the ground placing the control housing in the sand and muck)

Nappy Hunting To All.
mds.gif

Bill G

I like this clip better than the one I showed in the pic's above it does not quick release as easy but it is stronger and full proof.

Happy Hunting To All,
Bill G

Attachments

• Clip for det.JPG
    Clip for det.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 91
OP
OP
Bill G

Bill G

Jan 8, 2006

Nappy Hunting To All.
mds.gif

Bill G

HANGER SUPPORT UPDATE

Spent some time in the field and found the hook part or clasp that hooks to the belt does not work so well. But if you run your belt through the bungee cord and do away with the clasp and remove the plastic ball only leaving the bungee cord tied together in a loop or circle it works great. Double the loop back from detector ring in pic same way as shown do away with clasp and run belt through bungee now it will hang and work very quiet and smoothly in field use ( you do loose the quick disconnect but that is no big deal )

Works nice and smoothly when done like pic below with clip not being used & plastic ball removed from Bungee (Bungee was originally for tying up holding together hoses bundles)

Happy Hunting all,
Bill G

Attachments

• Support.JPG
    Support.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 69

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread