Happy T-Day on T-net

sorefoot

Jan 23, 2010
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Right back at you Outlaw. I am from southern IL aslso (Massac County). Give me a shout if you would like to hunt some time.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be safe out there .. hope everyone enjoys their holiday.

Kampnhuntr

Oct 11, 2012
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Amigo II , White's XLT, Fisher Gold Strike, Minelab Pro-Find Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanksgiving to all... May ya have a blessed day with family & friends!
Having a Smoked Ham & most of the traditional T-Day good stuff!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought this would be appropriate to share.

'' My mouth waters when I remember the meat holes.. we used to dig a hole in the ground about as deep as my waist. You may have seen them along the creeks and rivers. We would heat little boulders until they were nearly white and cover the bottom of the hole with these stones. Then we would cut many green boughs of the chokecherry trees and cover the hot stones a foot deep with them. Upon these we would place thick chunks of buffalo meat, fat and fresh from the plains, sprinkling them with water. On top of the meat went another layer of boughs, then more meat, more water and so on, until the hole was filled. Finally we spread the animal's paunch over the hole, covered it all with this hide, put gravel on this, and kindled a log fire. Men kept the fire going all day and night yet never burned the robe. The next morning when we opened the hole to feast, even the birds of the plains were made hungry.''

Chief Plenty Coups
''Crow Chief''

You all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy T-Day everyone. I had to work but will enjoy mine on Friday. OT again this week!

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
happy turkey day to you to and thank you for sharing some cool stuff.you have done well on your hunts and do not sound much like an outlaw at all.

OP
OP
outlawatheart

outlawatheart

Jan 19, 2011
Hamilton County IL.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX Spectrum
hell man you just described a hillbilly luau!!! :laughing7:
Thought this would be appropriate to share.

'' My mouth waters when I remember the meat holes.. we used to dig a hole in the ground about as deep as my waist. You may have seen them along the creeks and rivers. We would heat little boulders until they were nearly white and cover the bottom of the hole with these stones. Then we would cut many green boughs of the chokecherry trees and cover the hot stones a foot deep with them. Upon these we would place thick chunks of buffalo meat, fat and fresh from the plains, sprinkling them with water. On top of the meat went another layer of boughs, then more meat, more water and so on, until the hole was filled. Finally we spread the animal's paunch over the hole, covered it all with this hide, put gravel on this, and kindled a log fire. Men kept the fire going all day and night yet never burned the robe. The next morning when we opened the hole to feast, even the birds of the plains were made hungry.''

Chief Plenty Coups
''Crow Chief''

You all have a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread