Happy to see

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I get all my silver @ face lately I don't really follow pm prices like I used to. I don't know about the short term but I'm convinced that silver prices are going much higher in the long term. :)

Good luck & H$H!

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
If there is anyone on this forum that thinks silver is going to go down, they are probably looking to steal your silver...

Which reminds me...

I think we haven't seen the bottom on silver yet. It is sure to go down to $7/oz. You better sell those 40%ers now. PM me if interested :p

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice little jump today, not sure this is the bottom yet with a friday surge or just a friday surge after a lackluster week.

I need to buy some rounds tomorrow!

I wouldn't sell south of 43-45 if I were you.

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am going to have to disagree with you on this. Silver going back up just means more competition usually. Also .999 is a very good invest around this price.

OP
OP
conleytheking

conleytheking

Dec 9, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I more than likely won't cash them in anyway..
I just feel tight for money...college student...blah blah..
But I'll get tax money soon..so I can bulk up my hunt

Doc, I'd say you're right....So...I will give you my 40% for a dollar each.... :laughing7:

And yeah Stew, when prices go up, it does add attention to more greedy people who just want to find it, and melt it.
I think I may cry the day i cash mine in..

But overall...I like knowing what I have, is worth more than it was a week ago...
But like silverface said...we get it for face...and in the long run, it will be worth much more than 35 an oz.

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other
conleytheking said:
Doc, I'd say you're right....So...I will give you my 40% for a dollar each.... :laughing7:

I dunno...I think you're trying to take advantage of me, you're trying to get twice what those things are worth... 8)

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
conleytheking said:
That silver is going back up!
If it gets to about 35-36 again I think I will cash in on some 40%s.
You guys think it will get back to those prices soon?

I am going to wait until the price be near the $50 dollar mark to cash in and when it goes down buy again. Any way I think of silver as a long term investment and I am only 27 so it is a very long term investment XD

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dok Holliday said:
If there is anyone on this forum that thinks silver is going to go down, they are probably looking to steal your silver...

Which reminds me...

I think we haven't seen the bottom on silver yet. It is sure to go down to $7/oz. You better sell those 40%ers now. PM me if interested :p

Actually, I think it will go down, I just don't know when. Anytime any market gets a lot of hype in either direction, it is ripe for a correction... Back when the Dow in the stock market hit 10,000, there were a lot of people touting Dow 20,000... of course as we know that never happened. Same thing happened in real estate a few years back. Everyone was touting how real estate was a great place to invest... hard to miss how that turned out right now.

That being said, I hear an awful lot of ads touting gold and to some extent silver and how it is the safe investment. Although I haven't read up on all the particulars regarding gold/silver investing the fact that there are so many people attempting to sell (most of those selling probably bought low and are trying to lock in their profits now that gold and silver finally did rise). What happens when everyone who wants gold/silver has all they want? There will be no buyers and the prices will start to drop. If prices drop enough that people who have gold/silver get scared and start selling, even more gold/silver will flood the market and the prices will drop even farther causing even more to sell... as you can see, a vicious cycle. At some point it will bottom out, but no idea where $5/oz? $10/oz?

I am not trying to be negative, I am just trying to be realistic based on past events in other markets. I don't know if what I say will actually come true or not and I don't see it happening immediately as there is still enough uncertainty and fear for the future of the economy while Obama is president that I feel it will be at least until after the election before anything changes drastically.

CubanHunter

Jan 2, 2012
Miami, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GMan00001 said:
Dok Holliday said:

Which reminds me...

Actually, I think it will go down, I just don't know when. Anytime any market gets a lot of hype in either direction, it is ripe for a correction... Back when the Dow in the stock market hit 10,000, there were a lot of people touting Dow 20,000... of course as we know that never happened. Same thing happened in real estate a few years back. Everyone was touting how real estate was a great place to invest... hard to miss how that turned out right now.

That being said, I hear an awful lot of ads touting gold and to some extent silver and how it is the safe investment. Although I haven't read up on all the particulars regarding gold/silver investing the fact that there are so many people attempting to sell (most of those selling probably bought low and are trying to lock in their profits now that gold and silver finally did rise). What happens when everyone who wants gold/silver has all they want? There will be no buyers and the prices will start to drop. If prices drop enough that people who have gold/silver get scared and start selling, even more gold/silver will flood the market and the prices will drop even farther causing even more to sell... as you can see, a vicious cycle. At some point it will bottom out, but no idea where $5/oz? $10/oz?

I am not trying to be negative, I am just trying to be realistic based on past events in other markets. I don't know if what I say will actually come true or not and I don't see it happening immediately as there is still enough uncertainty and fear for the future of the economy while Obama is president that I feel it will be at least until after the election before anything changes drastically.

That is the definition of a bubble. There are some factors that differentiate silver from houses and stocks. Silver is a finite resource so the amount mined each year play a big role, also you have the industrial use of silver. I think the big fall will come when the industries start using substitutes for silver then we will have a huge surplus that could start a falling spiral to the bottom.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread