Happy Trails Update 11/24/2006 What A Warm Great Day In the North!

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI all,

Gary and I got out to the old Happy Trails site again today. Gary did very well and so did I.

Gary found 3 beautiful Half dollars, 1945 Standing Liberty and two Franklin Halves 1951 & 1952, he also found 2 Rosy's 1948 D & 1954 and 7 wheat penny's.

I found a Washington Quarter 1940, 4 Rosy's 1948, 1950, 1964, 1964 D, 1 Mercury Dime 1944, 1 War Nickel 1944 P, and one Buffalo, can't read the date. I also found a silver ring and somesort of a ring with ONE CENT, a Star fish on it and the date 1966, not sure what it is, also found 15 wheat pennies.

We both found lots of clad coins and lots of trash, which of course we took out of the field.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and your not to tired from shopping today. I'm not cause I hunted all day. LOL

Attachments

• Gary\'s Halves and rosy\'s.jpg
    Gary\'s Halves and rosy\'s.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 392
  • Denny\'s coins & Buffalo.jpg
    Denny\'s coins & Buffalo.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 376
  • two rings.jpg
    two rings.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 389
Upvote 0
OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's what the ring looks like from the top, I have no idea what kind of coin it is or if it is even a coin.
Kinda think it might be from the Caribbean Islands.

HH,Ringfinder

Attachments

• One Cent Ring.jpg
    One Cent Ring.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 346

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nice job. Site is still cranking it out for you. ;D

Weather was super today. We were driving home at night and saw houses lit up with Christmas lights - seemed out of place with the warm weather. Doesn't seem like Christmas time...

I don't know if Nate and I will get to the berg this weekend. We wanted to try for older stuff today. Kinda struck out with the 1800's stuff today. Oh well. Had potential just didn't produce. Maybe next time.

Bob

T

TreasureTales

Sweeeeeeet silver. How in the heck can anybody lose silver halves? I mean, they are so BIG, gotta be hard to lose. Unfortunately, I don't know the history of your Happy Trails site, so was it a place where liquor was served? How else could so many large silver coins get lost? When those silver halves were minted, 50 cents was as valuable as 5 dollars is today (maybe more), so whoever lost those halves must have been drunk, or blind, or RICH!!!! Great stuff, hope you dig up more!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Awesome finds! Congrats! What a great site, keep seaching it and sharing with us here. Thanks! It's an inspiration to know that great sites are still out there.

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Sweeeeeeet silver. How in the heck can anybody lose silver halves? I mean, they are so BIG, gotta be hard to lose. Unfortunately, I don't know the history of your Happy Trails site, so was it a place where liquor was served? How else could so many large silver coins get lost? When those silver halves were minted, 50 cents was as valuable as 5 dollars is today (maybe more), so whoever lost those halves must have been drunk, or blind, or RICH!!!! Great stuff, hope you dig up more!

Thanks for everyone's replies. Treasure Tales, if you look back in this forum for the past couple of weeks, I have posted several Updates for our Happy Trails site. I just named it that cause Mirage, Nate and Dan had named there site the Iceberg, so Mirage said we needed a name for our site. Thought Happy Trails was a good name and it has been.

Thanks for your reply and HH all, Ringfinder

T

TreasureTales

ringfinder said:
TreasureTales said:

Thanks for everyone's replies. Treasure Tales, if you look back in this forum for the past couple of weeks, I have posted several Updates for our Happy Trails site. I just named it that cause Mirage, Nate and Dan had named there site the Iceberg, so Mirage said we needed a name for our site. Thought Happy Trails was a good name and it has been.

Thanks, I'll do a search and read about your site--it's a good one!

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
WOW what a load of silver!Nice haul guys.Bet you had a blast today with all those finds.Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DigMO said:
WOW what a load of silver!Nice haul guys.Bet you had a blast today with all those finds.Thanks for sharing.

Yes we did have a great fun day. My partner called me over to look in a hole he had dug, it was about 6 inches deep and in the bottom of the hole was the Standing Liberty Half Dollar, what a site.

Our ACE 250's really do a great job. We have found that it pays to slow down and check all the signals.

HH, Ringfinder

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Ring,

that is one bunch of nice coins.

Sounds like you two had a good hunt.

Ditto on the starfish being from Bahamas.

have a good un............

T

TreasureTales

TreasureTales said:
ringfinder said:
TreasureTales said:

OK, I did a search and read all your posts regarding Happy Trails. I see that the property owner doesn't want you to tell anybody about it, which I can certainly understand. That doesn't keep me from speculating about it, though!!! ;D Lots of good jewelry there from the looks of your pix, lots of BIG silver, so I am sticking with my idea that liquor was served at this site. Now, the question remains, what kind of site? Hmmmm, could it have been an old fairgrounds? How about a picnic grove? Or maybe a swimming hole? How about a teensy, wheensie, little hint???

OP
OP
ringfinder

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
TreasureTales said:
ringfinder said:
TreasureTales said:

You might have missed one of my posts it was called copper and silver, it was our first post from this site. All I can say is keep seaching you might come up with your on Happy Trails. It was a church site and picnic area, no booze!

HH, Ringfinder

OK, I did a search and read all your posts regarding Happy Trails. I see that the property owner doesn't want you to tell anybody about it, which I can certainly understand. That doesn't keep me from speculating about it, though!!! ;D Lots of good jewelry there from the looks of your pix, lots of BIG silver, so I am sticking with my idea that liquor was served at this site. Now, the question remains, what kind of site? Hmmmm, could it have been an old fairgrounds? How about a picnic grove? Or maybe a swimming hole? How about a teensy, wheensie, little hint???

T

TreasureTales

Happy Trails was a church site and picnic area? NO BOOZE???? Honest to goodness, how could those people lose so many halves and so much jewelry? Maybe there was more going on than anybody suspects!!!! :D :D

Yeah, I'd like to find my own "Happy Trails," but any time I'm out treasure hunting I'm happy and the trails are always exciting.

Keep up the good work ringfinder, your posts are inspirational.

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
TreasureTales said:
Happy Trails was a church site and picnic area? NO BOOZE???? Honest to goodness, how could those people lose so many halves and so much jewelry? Maybe there was more going on than anybody suspects!!!! :D :D
no, somebody just dropped the collection-plates a couple of times.
Gord

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread