Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit a new school yard & got some more rings + clad

Greetings Everyone,

I went out early today to hit some school yards. I figured that with all the football games going on yesterday I might get lucky and find something good. Well after several hours of hunting, at three different area schools, I was able to come home with two sterling silver rings, one junk ring along with almost $9.00 in clad. The other day I posted my very first ring finds so I was little surprised, but very pleased, to find more rings today. These two rings are not as beefy as the first two silver rings I found but they are nice just the same. I thought that the junk ring was gold when I first dug it but after getting it home and cleaning it up I was a little disappointed to see it wasn't really anything special. I typically don't bother taking a picture of my trash items and truthfully I usually don't have very much trash to speak of, at least most of the time I don't, but today with the detector set to scan for jewelery, instead of just coins, I did end up digging more signals than I normally do. So as a result I have a little more trash and thought I'd just show everything. Thanks for looking.

Happy Hunting
Johnny

Attachments

• DSCN4951a.JPG
    DSCN4951a.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 414
  • DSCN4963a.JPG
    DSCN4963a.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 430
  • DSCN4964a.JPG
    DSCN4964a.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 424
  • DSCN4974a.JPG
    DSCN4974a.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 404
  • DSCN4977a.JPG
    DSCN4977a.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 417
Upvote 0
T

TreasureTales

Re: Hit a new school yard & got some more rings + clad

Johnny, nice haul. Good idea about going to the schools after big football games.

The dragon ring could be cloisonne (not sure if I spelled the word correctly). It's a process by which thin copper wire is attached to a metal surface to create a design, and then enamel of various colors is poured into the segments that were created by the wire. The result is a beautiful enamel-covered item. Jewelry and vases are common items for the process. Since it takes lots of time to create, these items can be worth some money. I can't really tell from your photo, however, if the ring is indeed cloissone.

DigDugNY

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Fisher F75, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

very nice

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Finds Johnny, I can tell you, since you are digging a lot of trash, that is good. The rings you found
are very hard to find and when you dig all signals, thats when the good rings pop up. Keep up the good work and glad you are finding lots of trash and lots of goodies. Most people discriminate too much and miss those really small rings like you found.

Again, Congratulations. HH, Ringfinder

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL

WTG Johnny!Nice finds.Good idea about the school yards.Glad you had a good day.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

JCH,

I was thinking that you had just found
you first ring.

Now you cannot stop finding them ;D ;)

Very nice finds for the day.

Think the heart ring is a Claddagh Ring.
see:
http://www.potgold.com/claddagh.htm

Again, nice finds, keep it up.

have a good un.........

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2

Nice digs Johnny,see you found 3 wheats as well must be in some pretty good spots if you are digging wheats. I can dig clad all day but once Ive dug a wheat I really feel like Ive accomplished something...HH

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains

Great hunt. 2 more sweet silver rings. And that looks like a great clad total. Thinking of taking a road trip first weekend after the 1st of the month and planning it to hit as many chips and tot lots as I can find on the maps.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

JC,
Nice going! 3 wheaties, a silver claddaugh...are there little stones in it or is it diamond cutting I see?, and that cute little golden one musta made your heart skip :)
It goes against my bling-nature to discriminate jewelery out :) must be a hormonal thing :)

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

We usually find more jewelry than anything else...well except horse shoes...Very nice finds!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts

nice rinds !! ya gotta love it..... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Nice assortment of finds, love the rings, congrats!

Smiles!
BDoo

kg6yll

Oct 10, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT

Great finds. Did you tumble all of your clad??

OP
OP
Johnny Cache Hunter

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I did tumble my clad, but I didn't let it tumble for as long a time as I normally do because I wanted to get the pictures taken for the post. For those of you out there that haven't used a rock tumbler for cleaning your clad, you'd be surprised how black the water becomes, even with changing the water a couple of times. I only use room temp water and litterally a drop of liquid soap when I clean them. Now they don't clean up to a real shine or anything like that but certainly they are recognisable and capable of being rolled and turned into the bank without any hassle. I'm not sure I'd clean anything of value this way, I think it would be too abrasive.

The clatter ring has diamond type cuts in it to look like stones. I didn't mention it in my original post but that was another disappointment when I got home because I was certain that they were stones when I dug it. I figured if this ring has small diamonds in it perhaps it's white gold, not silver, but once I cleaned it was apparent that it wasn't the case.

I'm just about to head out again now 11:30 am local time will give me about 4 1/2 hours of hunting time.

Thanks for all the kind replies.

Happy Hunting
Johnny

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good stuff!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread