Harbor Freight 5 Piece Loupe Set

Crappies-n-Coins

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2015
N/W MS
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, DeLeon, Cibola(s), Compadre, Fisher 1265x, Garrett II PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Walked around HF yesterday, and found these. Old eyes need all the help they can get for reading dates.

$3.99 + tax

5 Piece Loupe Set

image_12934.jpg

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you see the headband magnifier? Grabbed one a year or so ago. the lenses snap in the visor, there are 5 and there's two slots to use single or in combination. Has a pretty decent light too. nice storage box for the lenses. Use the thing more than I thought I would. Guess my eyes are older than yours!

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one?
It would be great if these would fit in the headband. 5 Piece Loupe Set
Magnifier Head Strap With Lights

What is the quality like?
Naw, those are a real pain especially if you wear glasses. This one the lenses are separate and plug into the hood. they flip up which helps focus and you don't have to have what you're working on exactly in front of your face. I'll try to dig up the # tonight.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naw, those are a real pain especially if you wear glasses. This one the lenses are separate and plug into the hood. they flip up which helps focus and you don't have to have what you're working on exactly in front of your face. I'll try to dig up the # tonight.
Just tried to find the part number on the web site. Not sure if they quit selling them or their just not on the website......

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one?
It would be great if these would fit in the headband. 5 Piece Loupe Set
Magnifier Head Strap With Lights

What is the quality like?

OV those aren't too bad. Depends what your using it for. They aren't the greatest quality? But if your only using it once in a while they are fine. My wife uses them when she goes rock hunting to look at stuff. I got ok.....we got tired of losing the better ones.:laughing7: That and I'd go to work on a watch or something and I would have mud all over the one I use at my bench.:laughing7:

These are a little more durable, I think you can get them on ebay or amazon, and have different lenses you can buy separate and of course like anything else the sky is the limit from there up....
OptiVISOR

The loupe set is good from harbor freight! I use them all the time. The only thing I notice is if I use a Bausch and Lomb is the magnification is different. So not sure if the harbor freight are marked right. That's really the only thing I notice right away. For what I do anyhow. Oh ya....we have lost a lot of those too! I carry one in my pocket detecting, or panning.

Last edited:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just tried to find the part number on the web site. Not sure if they quit selling them or their just not on the website......

Item#98722
Just click on the link, takes you straight to the website with the product.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Item#98722
Just click on the link, takes you straight to the website with the product.
Cool! For some reason they weren't showing up at all for me. I think HF isn't doing real good lately. Lots of out of stocks and the two stores by me look like ghost towns.

Can't say a bad word about these, especially like being able to use two lenses and flipping one up when not needed.

Thanks for helping Rob!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions