Has anyone found a 2007 Kennedy yet?

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read one post where someone has but can't locate it.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would depend if they have released them for general circulation yet.

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
2006's are starting to appear frequently. Got 3 of them Thursday, with one being
an S-proof.

Im sure 2007 will pop up before long, if not already.

The 1995's are sure out in full force though LOL.... at least 2-3 per roll.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
2004 for me. Anything that's not silver I release back into the wild. I know others will appreciate them more than me. and fwiw, i've had difficulty selling the proofs I've found that show any sign of wear.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
packerbacker said:
My latest is a 2005 P. Is there any reason we are holding on to these?

Since '02 halves weren't released for general circulation, only as part of proof or mint sets; and a much lower amount were minted.

Hence the lower frequency they are found .....and kept.

schramm

Dec 25, 2006
thurmownator said:
packerbacker said:
My latest is a 2005 P. Is there any reason we are holding on to these?

Since '02 halves weren't released for general circulation, only as part of proof or mint sets; and a much lower amount were minted.

Hence the lower frequency they are found .....and kept.
If you are only keeping them because you believe they were only released as part of proof or mint sets then you are misinformed.

They were released in mint BAGS and in ROLL form as well which Is why so many are being found,If they were all broke out of sets we would see very few of them,about as often as proofs.

When I used to get boxes I would find '02-'06 at a ratio of about 40:1 with proofs and about 50:1 with silver.

I saved them for a while until I started noting how often they turned up and how much cash I had tied up in them and when I went to several dealers to try and make a little profit,none of them would buy over face value so I just turned them back in to get more coins to search.

The reason they gave was lack of interest in there customers and the fact that they couldn't pay me more than face and still make a decent profit IF and WHEN they actually sold one.

If someone has a LARGE sum of money to have tied up in these to sit on their shelf and still be able to buy more coins to search than more power to them but I never have that much cash at any one time :'(Just realize that if your expecting to make a profit off of these it will probably be many years down the road.

Just trying to make sure everyone knows the facts about different coins,at least the facts that I can confirm. ;D

secondcup

May 11, 2006
Seacoast, New Hampshire
Hey schramm,

You bring up a good point but are a little off. Recent Kennedy halves are released in bags and rolls, but NOT into general circulation. They must be purchased through the Mint at a premium, and can't be obtained from your local bank. As such, I must say they are more rare than earlier Kennedys that were released to banks.

Does anyone know what year was the last for Kennedys in general circulation??

sc

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
secondcup said:
Does anyone know what year was the last for Kennedys in general circulation?? sc

Kennedys were last minted for circulation in 2001. The same is true for Sac dollars.

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Immy said:
secondcup said:
Does anyone know what year was the last for Kennedy's in general circulation?? sc

Kennedy's were last minted for circulation in 2001. The same is true for Sac dollars.

..............and the minted volumes of the post '01 halves (only 2-3M from each year/mint) warrant their keeper status.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread