Has anyone prospected Lake Elsinore area in Southern Claifornia?

MrGneissGuy

May 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was just looking for any information about the area from people that have actually prospected there. On some mineral websites there appears to be some nice mineralization over there, and possibly some gold. I'm heading to visit my uncle next weekend and would like to check out some areas of interest. Any leads would be much appreciated!

Upvote 0

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I live in Lake Elsinore, have been researching the area's historical claims, hard rock locations, and even doing some searching for placer.

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was just looking for any information about the area from people that have actually prospected there. On some mineral websites there appears to be some nice mineralization over there, and possibly some gold. I'm heading to visit my uncle next weekend and would like to check out some areas of interest. Any leads would be much appreciated!

I only recently started searching for gold in this area, but have done a fair amount of research. Other than some active placer claims next to Canyon Lake, There has not been much if any active operations that I have found since the 1930s. However just about all of the historical claims and workings are still accessible. What kind of prospecting are looking to explore? As I have a list of hard rock mines, trenches and possible placer locations on my list to explore. Gold Map for California, Riverside County

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some pegmatites there also, where you can find some crystals such as schorl.

OP
OP
M

MrGneissGuy

May 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just like exploring minerals in general. I just want an excuse to get outside. My uncle lives on of course...Golden Court!

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well you may want to start with "Lee Prospect" its only 1.5 miles from your uncles house, may be a good place to start. See that link i posted above and pan due east for Lake Elsinore. I have not yet check that spot, but based on satellite it doesn't appear to have been a significant prospect, but at least its close to his house.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HINT - Do some researching / searching from the freeway up along the Ortega Hwy. Tons of interesting things went on there. Think Spanish etc. I've mentioned this in other posts. Lots of traffic up from Mexico & from San Juan Capistrano Mission. Most touristy people don't want to search much there because "It's hard". Last hint - Find the location for the Los Pinos Boys camp. Start from there and work towards the mission from there. There you go, not gonna put your finger on the X but if you do some good research & some hiking you won't be disappointed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread