Has Kellyo service gone down the hole?

Spirit

Jun 12, 2003
Philly
So getting back into detecting after buying a house, getting married etc. Needed to get a hipmount for my minelab excal 1000, and decided to go kellyco. They have both an online bookstore through abe books, and their store. So I called to try and save on shipping as there were a few books I wanted too. both customer service reps I spoke to were clueless, and couldn't do the order even when I gave them the part numbers from the stores. So I just hung up and ordered the hipmount and 1 book on their main site.

I got an e-mail saying the book had shipped, with the full shipping, but nothing else. I tried to call again, and got a guy saying no problem, you'll get it this is what we do. Didn't take my order number or anything. If they are ordering from the factory, do the new Excalibur II hipmounts fit the 1000's? if they can't get the part I really don't want to pay $10 shipping for a book that's less that, so hoping they come through

3 years ago they were superhelpful with parts for my cz-20 and quantum xt. Did I just get a bad rep? or have they gone down the hole?

Also anyone know what happened to DJs detectors? Looking to get a new coil for my sandshark.

tks for letting me vent.

Upvote 0

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I don't get is why people spend money with a company when they are having issues with them. Seriously, if you have a problem, then stop using that company. Sounds simple to me. It's not like they are the only place that has these items for sale.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just sounds like you are a little impatient to
me.

on the Excalibur II hipmounts question,
i can't help other then if they were different I'd guess
they would list more then one type.

OP
OP
S

Spirit

Jun 12, 2003
Philly
jeff of pa said:
just sounds like you are a little impatient to
me.

on the Excalibur II hipmounts question,
i can't help other then if they were different I'd guess
they would list more then one type.

I'd dealt with kelly co twice before this..but that was a few years ago, and both times they were top notch, and the people knew more about what I wanted than I did, so thats why I was puzzled when the couldn't even find the items i wanted.

There were two different ones listed, Hip mount for excalibur, and hipmount for excalibur 800/1000 which is what has me worried.

I guess the worst case scenerio is they send me the one for an excal II and I need to modify it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like there is a difference then.

Good Luck !

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sorry you had a hard time ordering your products when you contacted us. I will see what I can find out about the hipmounts and let you know what, if any, difference there is. Could you PM me your information so I can double check your order?

Kellyco is experiencing issues, this is true. We are working hard to correct the problems and make sure everything is taken care of. If you need help with anything at all, feel free to contact myself via PM, email or phone call.

Ms. Blaze

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked the items on the website and talked to the sales guys, the 2 hipmounts listed are the same hipmount kit, they have the same part number and yes they will work on either Excalibur series.

Ms. Blaze

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KellycoChick said:
I'm sorry you had a hard time ordering your products when you contacted us. I will see what I can find out about the hipmounts and let you know what, if any, difference there is. Could you PM me your information so I can double check your order?

Kellyco is experiencing issues, this is true. We are working hard to correct the problems and make sure everything is taken care of. If you need help with anything at all, feel free to contact myself via PM, email or phone call.

Ms. Blaze
Very Professional MS. Blaze. :) :icon_thumleft:
Mike

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the only difference in the hip mounts might be the color and then they all could be the same color the II & 800 & 1000.......Other wise they are the same.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions