TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I personally would be very leary of this type of machine...
looks very expensive and not only is it a lot to carry
I think you need a backhoe with you to get what you find...

Also consider how many people are going to allow you to dig like that
on their property ?

I have a hard time finding small gold rings....
do you really want to invest tons of money into something that you might use once
or twice then not at all because no on alowes you on their land with your backhoe ?

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
I agree I wouldn't bother with either of them.
I would look at a Whites or Tesoro. There are a lot of other good machines out there too.
By the way I've been detecting for a little over 40 years so I have a few years of experience. ;D

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vayank54 said:
I would look at a Whites or Tesoro. There are a lot of other good machines out there too.
By the way I've been detecting for a little over 40 years so I have a few years of experience. ;D

So what's 40 in dog diggin years? ;D

steve from ohio

Aug 1, 2008
That detector is used to find larger targets such as pipes, large metal objects, graves and such.

Unless you are a plumber or a grave robber, I would recommend getting a standard metal detector.

I am guessing that this detector you pointed out is very, very pricey as the technology is valid but not meant for metal detecting as we here on this site know it.

I have read up on those machines and they are not good for coins and relics that most hunt for. And with prices between 24K US and 57K US......you would have to find a lot of big finds to pay for it.

Spirit

Jun 12, 2003
Philly
I once had a tesoro eldorado and I loved it great entry level machine. Also if you are thinking of going for bigger targets, maybe try a GTI2500 by garrett. It can convert to a 2 box unit, but also has the smaller coils. Had pretty good target Id, and you can use multiple coils with it in addition to a 2 box when you want it.

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Iron Patch said:
vayank54 said:

Older than dirt :'(

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
I didn't see Lahoop say what he was going to be using the detector for. Gold? Coins?, general searching or deep artifacts / caches?
I would suggest that the 2 machines he has mentioned may suit Archeologists rather than hobbyists. Have you checked the prices Lahoop?
The Cat

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What is your question. What do we think of the detectors or which is best for you? If it's what do we think of the detectors, just look at the Geophysics listings. You will see a lot of sad experiences with those imitation GPR Units.Now if your question is what unit is best for you,some facts are required. -How much is your spending limit?
-What are you looking for? in the ground!
-What type of soil will you be working with?
-General purpose or speciality use?
Answer these questions and I am sure you will get a list of many favorites to choose from that will meet your needs.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
vayank54 said:
Iron Patch said:
vayank54 said:

Older than dirt :'(

I'd say there's a little bit of knowledge in that old dirt. :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions