Has This Ever Happened to Anyone Before?

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the find I was hoping for today. A flat tire in the middle of nowhere. :BangHead: Had to find a large flat rock to put under the jack because the ground was soft. Not the best day but I brought a few keepers home nonetheless. A couple flat buttons and a smoked large copper that's probably a counterfeit KG. I'm gonna dump it in the peroxide but I'm not expecting any detail. Read up lower on my Etrac than a US large cent would.

20160805_154207_resized_1.jpg 20160805_214342_resized.jpg

20160805_153144_resized.jpg 20160805_153154_resized.jpg

20160805_153115_resized.jpg

Upvote 14

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was out in the Arizona back country a good 20-miles when a sharp rock cut through the sidewall of my $400.00 Pro Comp. I got skunked that day. At least you made some nice finds! :skullflag:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. But, I carry a couple cans of Fix A Flat for just that purpose. I don't like using it, but, it served to get me back out of the woods.

Congrats on the saves!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Luckily not in a very very long time. I am getting too old for changing tires out in the middle of nowhere.

Hope you can find something on that disk to identify it.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. But, I carry a couple cans of Fix A Flat for just that purpose. I don't like using it, but, it served to get me back out of the woods.

Congrats on the saves!
I have never any luck with using that stuff. but tire plugs old plug hole adapter for compression gauge and air line attached to it ith a air chuck , ya pull one plug put adapter in crank eng but do not start it and it ill air tire up , good trick i learned in a 4x4 club .

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At times like these, I am happy that I do not own a car nor a truck. Great finds.

DaleinFL

Jun 18, 2016
Port St Lucie, FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 ///
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dealing w a flat is a bad day but getting out and hitting the wood and finding anything is a great day, so at least you had both.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of Arizona were you in? My wife and I winter there in Apache Junction. Belong to a local club, Superstition west Treasure hunters.
I was out in the Arizona back country a good 20-miles when a sharp rock cut through the sidewall of my $400.00 Pro Comp. I got skunked that day. At least you made some nice finds! :skullflag:

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly wasn't 20 miles deep but it would have been very hard to explain to a tow truck driver where the heck I was if I had a problem with the spare or had been unable to jack the truck up in the soft ground. Compared to you I was only slightly off the beaten path. Thanks for the reply.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yep Last Night 172.00 later Was getting ready to take red to her sisters house for a Girls Weekend And Boom The radiator Blew Dropped her off today HH Chug

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a tough break. I ride a motorcycle. I won't take it off a paved road unless it is a dry hard pack. No gravel roads for me. I have ridden through every state in the lower 48. I got a flat in Virginia once and a couple of bikers helped me out by getting me a can of FIX A FLAT. Then it was straight to a Harley shop for new tires. Flats are not fun.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad you got some keepers for the trouble....

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never any luck with using that stuff. but tire plugs old plug hole adapter for compression gauge and air line attached to it ith a air chuck , ya pull one plug put adapter in crank eng but do not start it and it ill air tire up , good trick i learned in a 4x4 club .

I like to start with the simplest fix first, then, I increasingly get more like MacGyver. ;)

I also carry some tire plugs. If the hole is just a nail or some such, I'll pull and plug. THEN, Fix A Flat.

If it's a sidewall cut, I just rig a hoist over a tree and just lift the whole car off the ground and change the tire. ;)

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to take the good with the bad and since I've been disabled, I call AAA for changing tires and had several service calls to the river when the car battery died on me. Best money you will ever spend and they will get to you no matter where you are including the back of a field one time and I've never met one of their people they use with a bad attitude. Nice finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread