Hate finding these

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
It’s been this kind of summer around here, seen more than usual. If you get near old buildings or piles of lumber watch where you step! l got way too close to this one before I heard it, even with one earphone off my ear.

42CC4E79-C400-479F-81A9-4DD45522DCBD.jpeg

Upvote 32

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wonder you didn't hear him, it looks like there is only 1 button on his tail.

I had a springer one time that the vet said the fester on his snout was an erupting abscessed tooth. After it grew to the size of a quarter and I took him back when it turned black (instead of oozing) she corrected herself and said it was a bite from a pygmy rattler. When I asked how she could be sure it was a pygmy, she said because the dog was still alive. The dog sure learned his lesson because he intentionally and steadfastly ignored me when I tried to "introduce" him to a hognose snake we came upon while hiking. Good boy!
BTW- The Hognose are the ones that throw up and play dead if aren't intimidated by their rattlesnake impersonation.
stock-photo-western-hognose-snake-heterodon-nasicus-isolated-on-white-background-125895098.jpg eastern-hognose-snake-shutterstock218079169.jpg

OP
OP
Timbermaster

Timbermaster

Oct 21, 2018
MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Nokta Makro Simplex
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a juvenile Western Diamondback. About 16-18” and ornery as heck! It had 2 or 3 rattles and a button and was buzzing pretty good but there was so much iron in the ground my detector’s low tones drowned out the rattle!

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well good thing you spotted it . All I've walked up on have been harmless black snakes. I know we have copperheads and are just one county off from known rattlesnake habitat . I always wear boots when outdoors , no sneakers while detecting for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread