Hate to watch Gold Rush due to Todd Hoffman

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would just like the chance to run. The Hoffmans Tailings. I do believe I would be a rich man. The show is more about how to do things wrong. Then right.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why aren't running the dirt thru a sluice too?

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So why aren't running the dirt thru a sluice too?
they have a decent wash plant,just that they started mining someone elses tailings, i find it hard to believe that no one ,could tell that they were mining tailings.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No one with any real mining experience would mistake the 2 situations. That's the problem having a huge Discovery show bankroll idiots for commercials $$$. They perpetuate stupidity with no reality to reality show so no REAL knowledge gained. Just run mo'mo'mo' faster faster faster and never saw a minute of smarter,except the Kid Parker seems to be trying to grow up but emotions are a kids failing....John

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No one with any real mining experience would mistake the 2 situations. That's the problem having a huge Discovery show bankroll idiots for commercials $$$. They perpetuate stupidity with no reality to reality show so no REAL knowledge gained. Just run mo'mo'mo' faster faster faster and never saw a minute of smarter,except the Kid Parker seems to be trying to grow up but emotions are a kids failing....John
Well said. Amazes me they don't sample as they go. As in "Hey, when we stop to pee, let's run a pan just to confirm we're still on the gold. Holy crap there's a tennis shoe in my pan!" Maybe then they'd do more than burn diesel and make mud.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, everyone sitting around waiting for something to happen. Everyone grab a shovel and pan and head out in teams of two. Prob take two weeks to sample a hole in every acre of their claim... Narrow it down from there. This is basic stuff. They should fly down Tony to smack Todd around alittle. Make him feel like a third grader that pissed his pants during recess.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It could all be editing, but I really don't think so. Let Todd come on here and defend himself.

Teenagegoldminer

Jan 28, 2014
georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett gold panning kit
Jobe 36 in drop riffle sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the other side was a wall of bedrock and if they mines forward it would have collapsed as well

Smoker

Greenie
Feb 28, 2014
South Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ben...Sure do have to agree with you on that one...then last night I watched the episode where his crew was run out of the jungle in Guyana...what a loser...150 days and he comes up with a few diamonds and NO gold at all...then asked the landowner for more time.....now that takes big ones! How someone can spend that kind of money and come up with $3,000 worth of diamonds is beyond me....says he has the money, though at that rate he wont have it long!

danloop

Feb 16, 2014
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Unicorn Treasure Master Pro
Modes:
Dowsing
Pulse Induction
Multi-Frequency
Ground Penetrating Radar
Beat Frequency Oscillation
Aural Target Identification
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hard to separate the scripted show from the man. All I can say is I would be grabbing a pan and shovel and working their tailings.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's amazing to me is how everyone else at the very least stays trim and fit or loses weight (Parker), while Todd gets more and more obese with each season.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread