"Haunted House" Treasures

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: "Haunted House" Treasures

Hmmm Forbidden hunting grounds.
no wonder that guy said you can hunt there.
what if the house gets torn down than what?
oh by the way use a GPS revicer in your hunts and a camcorder.
other wise nice try, those coins are follow you where ever you go.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I know how to deal with these spooks. I grew up in a haunted house and stuff still happens there to my elderly parents. Tell me where the house is and I'll go get everything. ;)

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)

I surely won't say I find it an unbelievable story..Perhaps a bit spooky, but I dont think I would let it stop me from hunting the grounds. Sounds like and awesome, even if scary, place to hunt to me!

~Nash~

jonnyrebel00

Nov 9, 2006
Mobile, Al
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Master Hunter

Ive never been lucky enough to experience something like that bud i know people close to me that have told me things that has happened to them. At the risk of sounding like a nutt, i sure would would like it if i could experience something like that to take away the skepticism.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

warning if you take the coins --you might just wind up taking the spirit "home" with you with the coins (seems their linked together some how)---theres lots of non haunted stuff around ---some stuff is best left alone---some folks understand this ---others well they learn the "hard" way---seems you kind fall in the middle but if you go get those coins---your "asking" for it since you "know" that its haunted loot and since you were "warned" by the spirit not to --screw with it and you might not like what happens at all ---a flat tire will be the least of your problems---I predict very bad things will happen / its a very powerful and not happy spirit your messing with---- I hope that your home is heavily insured if you mess with those coins & thus that spirit---very bad mojo on that one it seems ----Ivan

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Tricia said:
Your resident paranormal researcher says...I LOVE IT! Great story.
Sounds like a good house for an episode of ghost hunters!!!!!!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jonnyrebel00 said:
Ive never been lucky enough to experience something like that bud i know people close to me that have told me things that has happened to them. At the risk of sounding like a nutt, i sure would would like it if i could experience something like that to take away the skepticism.

I agree.

I have Expierenced things, But Not enough
to to say I didn't Imagine It. I'd Jump at the Chance
To be Proven Wrong.

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x

jeff of pa said:
jonnyrebel00 said:

I agree.
Double ditto Lets go, The story definetly made my flesh crawl,
I have Expierenced things, But Not enough
to to say I didn't Imagine It. I'd Jump at the Chance
To be Proven Wrong.

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

Have the place torn down and than go back metal decting there.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis said:
warning if you take the coins --you might just wind up taking the spirit "home" with you with the coins (seems their linked together some how)---theres lots of non haunted stuff around ---some stuff is best left alone---some folks understand this ---others well they learn the "hard" way---seems you kind fall in the middle but if you go get those coins---your "asking" for it since you "know" that its haunted loot and since you were "warned" by the spirit not to --screw with it and you might not like what happens at all ---a flat tire will be the least of your problems---I predict very bad things will happen / its a very powerful and not happy spirit your messing with---- I hope that your home is heavily insured if you mess with those coins & thus that spirit---very bad mojo on that one it seems ----Ivan

Yeah, I realize this. You just have to know how to make that spirit leave the object. That's why you have to be careful with any preowned item that you bring into your home, especially older stuff.

CodyCat Borat

Jan 15, 2007
Long Island N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra-50, Whites classic 2

Good Chuckle you gave me....LOL.... Now call Stephen King and sell the story....

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Dang.....I would tell your friend that you arent afraid and go back and detect that place....wear a string of garlic around your neck and bathe in holy water or whatever you have to do ...but I would be there detecting :)

Treasure Tom

Jun 22, 2007

Hi Dman!

Did anyone else notice this pattern? :o

913 Elm Street
13 coins
1913 coin dates

Very creepy story! I don't know if there are such things as ghosts since I have never seen one although I have experienced a few unexplainable things. I have a strong science background so I look at things very analytically. However, there are some things that are difficult to explain rationally.

My brother & I once stayed in a mansion for a few months which belonged to a friend's uncle. This 4 level tudor style house was built in the 1920's. I always felt uneasy in the office and the adjacent living room. One time while I was downstairs, I heard footsteps over my head. I looked at the ceiling & could hear 4-5 footsteps, spaced about a foot apart, going in a straight line. The wooden floor in the hall in front of the living room creaked with each step. I looked at my friend who was also looking at the ceiling. We thought someone broke in so we both ran upstairs & checked all the doors. They were all locked! :o My brother did not believe me and said that they were old pipes making the noise.

About 2 months later, my mother dropped by and heard loud footsteps originating on the third floor by the bedrooms. The house was sold about 2 months later. One night my brother & I turned off the alarm & went in to do some cleaning before the new owners moved in. I was downstairs and my brother was in the hall in front of the living room. He heard loud stomping over his head on the third floor in front of the bedrooms. So during a period of 4 months, 4 people have heard footsteps.

My room on the third floor, above the office, always felt cold. If I walked out of the room, the cold feeling disappeared. I always slept with 2 comforters on while my brother in the next room was never cold. I also felt a cold draft over my head while I lay in bed reading a book. I looked around since it was very strange but did not see anything. All the windows were closed. ??? On another occaision, while I worked on the computer, I heard something bouncing inside the wall next to me. I sounded like a golf ball bouncing between the studs. An hour later, I went downstairs & heard the same sound in the wall below my room.

Several months after the house was sold, the friend called me and said that the house burned down. I picked up a newspaper which had a photo of the house and the heading, "Mystery Fire Burns Down Mansion."

Are there ghosts in the house? Difficult to say since I have not seen one. Is there paranormal activity? Maybe, since I would not consider the footsteps, cold feeling, noise in the walls something that would happen in a "normal" house. All I can say is that there are some strange things that happened which was experienced by several people and is difficult to explain.

Tom

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007

If you handed me this case these are the questions I'd ask:

1. Did plumbing or electrical wiring run between the ceiling above you and the flooring of the next level?

2. If this was an older house how up to date was the electrical system? Many old homes have new outlets yet the actual wiring inside the walls is quite old. Rodents, time, all kinds of factors can fray the coverings of wires to the point where only bare wire is left and it doesn't take much for a spark to start a fire in a wall that isn't noticed.

3. What is the condition of the insultation in the walls in the room you were sleeping in? My home for example was always cold in a certain spot. Come to find out, there was a huge gap in the attic where the insulation is supposed to be snug against the wall.

4. Have you heard a story of something connected to the house that would allow your mind to think possibly paranormal instead of old manision falling apart? We're all victims of letting pop culture seep into our minds and what's "spooky" often jumps to the forefront when we're alone in a strange setting.

5. No offense but have to ask, where you under the influence of any alcohol or medication when you experienced these things? I honestly mean no offense but it's a standard question we have to ask.

6. Did the people who bought the house have a high insurance claim on it, perhaps filed right before it mysteriously burned?

7. Did you trace the footsteps you heard? Where they always going in the same direction? Repeating the same pattern?

8. Do you believe yourself or any members of your family to have any psychic or mediumship abilities? Did your friend who also heard this think the same? Or your mom, even though she'd be your family?

If this case came across my desk the actual questionairre has 50 questions. Those are some highlights. Although I'm a believer in the spirit world I am very much a skeptic and when 90% can be explained and debunked...it's that remaining percent that's very very interesting.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Which ever way you look at this story, it was great.... All ghousts according to the Bible are unclean spirits, which are demons.... Demons are very powerful, and not too be taken lightly. I have dealt with a lot of demonic activity with the church, and it is not fun at all... some spirits are easy to rid of, and others are a battle. But in the long run, they are in a losing battle.
I am not sure what I would do in this situation, but one thing I have learnt from ridding these demons is that the ones who make the most noise are the easiest to get rid off... So if one tells you to get out, that will most likely be more noise than action.

God bless
Peter

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007

Peter, I've gone into your profile and read some of you past posts. I will graciously agree to disagree with you on this one. :D Just don't think we'd ever agree here.

IMO all "ghosts" are certainly not demons. Often a "ghost" is a soul that is still sentient of it's life among the living and hasn't realized it's dead, is confused about what to do, or is scared to go face judgement.

Certainly an angry soul that has done wrong will try to hang on to this plane of existance as long as possible to avoid punishment. That could be a "demon". But there are many innocent souls who end up stuck between our world and theirs simply because they are confused. Or they want to stay to say that last goodbye. Many choose to try and make contact because they want those they left behind to feel comforted. Many are ornery grumpy sorts who don't like change. They don't want their house sold, their things auctioned in estate sales. They had attachements to these things in life and don't want to let go in death.

So many different people, so many different beliefs about what happens after we die.

pgill

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2005
Northampton, UK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hi Tricia ;D

I normally do not try and get into this type of subject, as many people have many different ideas and believes. So I will not try and change your mind ;) I have been involved in quite a number of deliverences.... I have seen a person float off the ground about 6", I saw 1 chap who was pushed over chairs by a demon, I have heard all the strange voices from the possesed, I have been spat on and so on and so on..... it is not the nicest of things to get caught up in. Demons will occupy a person through weakness, if you are weak from sickness, they will be quick to attach themselves to you. A person can be possessed before being a Christian and not know it because they are not a fret to the demons, but let that person become a Christian..... all hell will break loose..... Anyway that is just what I have seen and believe. The Bible is also full of what not to get involved in like devination (that will cause a stir) fortune tellers etc etc....
Hope this helps you to where I come from ::)

No more from me on this one ??? ??? ??? I like to stay a liked person ;D

God bless you
Peter

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

I don't want to get between Peter and Tricia on this , but I do believe that there are ghosts and that they are totally of Satan.Are there good ghosts or spirits that warn of of evil or pending accidents etc....of course there are. And they are sent by Satan. God tells us that the dead know nothing, that they are as sleeping and that they wont rise until judgement day. Satan has become more and more subtle in his ways of bringing Christians to his side, and if he can get you to believe that ghosts were once living people , your loved ones and for you to seek out ghosts, then that is what he will do. Do you think that if he kept sending the boogey man and evil spirits, that he could get good people to believe....of course not. So he sends sweet Aunt Martha to warn you not to take Hwy 54 in the morning because there will be an accident....and sure enough there is. Yeehaw ....Now we believe that Auntie really rose from the dead and wanders the Earth giving us warnings....No ....its of Devil. Are there lost souls that wonder the Earth trying to get to the light or the other side......Only what Satan sends us to make us believe in HIM and not what God has to say on the subject. Are there haunted places...I believe there are, ... they aren't haunted by once living souls but manifestations of evil.

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great story ! I think that is all it is . I'd be happy to assist you on sucking up all the oldies and silver on and around the property ! Oogie Boogie ...... Break out the vacuum !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread