"Haunted House" Treasures

Treasure Tom

Jun 22, 2007
Re: "Haunted House" Treasures

Hello Tricia!

I read in one of your other posts that you are a paranormal investigator which explains the questions you are asking. Before I answer them I will tell you a little more about myself.

In my first post, I mentioned that I had a strong science background. This is from completing 7 yrs. of university, 4 yrs. for a B.Sc., 1 yr. in a M.Sc. program, and 2 yrs. for another degree as a Science Teacher. I have always been interested in research and usually need to analyze large amounts of data before making any conclusions.

I never drink, take medication, drugs, nor has there been any record of mental illness in my family or previous generations. I have had 2 criminal record checks done and have been fingerprinted for security clearance through the government.

In terms of the paranormal, I realize that the majority can be debunked. I have not seen any hard evidence yet to make me a firm believer in the spirit world. I don't know if you can really obtain any hard evidence...so I the mean time I can only keep an open mind and say, "I don't know" until there is further proof.

I stayed in the house for about 3 months with my brother and the friend (nephew of the owner), this was about 8 yrs. ago. To answer your questions:

1) Plumbing/electrical wiring:

I am currently operating a business in which we do maintenance and repairs for townhouse developments. I am very familiar with building construction and electrical, plumbing, and other problems.

The bathrooms in the house were located on the north side, about 20 ft. from where I heard the footsteps. Majority of the plumbing seems to run vertically since all of the bathrooms are located in the north west corner. Electrical, cannot be certain.

2) Electrical:

Have not looked at the wiring. When I first heard about the fire, I was listening to the radio and heard the traffic report about a house fire and the road being closed. I did not know it was this house that was on fire until the friend phoned me. The road had to be closed because the fire trucks could not enter the narrow driveway.

At first. I thought someone was home and the fire started in the kitchen. The newspaper article said that no one was home at the time (11 AM) and the neighbors saw smoke and called the fire department. Firemen reported flames coming out of the kitchen window and the window directly below. The furnace room is located below the kitchen and may have been the source of the fire.

3) Insulation:

The house had 4 floors with the bedroom located on the 3rd. Could not check the insulation, I don't think the new owners would appreciate holes in their walls. I have felt cold chills or draft over my head in other places and immediately check the windows and doors...they were always closed.

4) House history:

I have been in the house before I moved in and have not heard anything about the house. After I moved out, I did talk to a lady who did the housework before I lived in the house. She mentioned that she felt uneasy in the living room & office. She did the cleaning in the rooms but did not stay long in the rooms.

5) Alcohol/medication:

I don't drink, smoke, take any medication or drugs. I have never been drunk in my life. The same is true for my family and there are no records of mental illness.

6) Insurance:

I don't know about high insurance claims with the new owners. After the fire, the house stayed vacant until early this year (about 7 yrs.) when I drove by and saw a new house being built. You would think that if there was a high insurance claim then a new house would have been built sooner.

7) Footsteps:

The ones I heard along with my friend were not loud. You could hear the pressure on the wood floors causing it to creak with each step. The 4-5 steps were directly over my head as I looked up and were going in a straight line, this occurred on the 2nd floor in front of the living room located below the bedrooms (about 9 PM).

The "pounding" my mother heard was about 11 AM. I was talking to her in the kitchen and she kept asking me questions about if my brother or friend was home, I was getting kind of annoyed since no one else was home. At the time, I did not hear anything. When we moved out she told me why. She heard loud stomping sounds from the 3rd floor and said, "It was made by a heavy man who weighed over 200 lbs."

My brother heard the "pounding" when he was in the front hall (where I heard the footsteps). It was about 10 PM, I was in the basement and came up another set of stairs to the kitchen. My brother yelled, "Hey! Go back downstairs and come back up the stairs!" I was not too happy running back downstairs and coming back up. When I asked what was going on when I came back up, he said, "Its not you. I heard stomping over my head." I immediately ran upstairs and walked in front of the bedrooms. I did not see anything or feel anything strange. My brother said the "pounding" was a lot louder, as if a heavy person was stomping on the floor with barefeet. I said to him,"See, I told you its not pipes! I know what pipes sound like!"

I don't know if there is a repeating pattern. One thing I find strange is how can footsteps be created without an actual physical presence and what determines when and where it happens?

8 ) Psychic/mediumship ability:

I don't believe I am a psychic or a medium nor does anyone else in my family. However, I can say that on several occasions, I have been to places for the first time and had very bad & uncomfortable feelings without knowing any history of the place. Usually there is also someone else present at the time. Later, I have discovered that other people also have had bad feelings in the same place. I spend a lot of time outdoors so maybe I am more in tune with my surroundings.

One time while hiking, I froze on the trail because I felt a cold chill go up my spine. I had a feeling that I was being watched by something big. My brother & another friend who were behind began arguing about something. "Its a burnt tree stump!"..."No its a dog!" I said, "What are you arguing about?" They pointed across a ravine to a black object about 100-150 ft. away. I said, "You idiots...that's a black bear!"

I don't think my mother is a psychic or a medium although she seems to know if something will happen to someone. She knew when all my grandparents passed away (some overseas). This has occurred at least a dozen times, so I don't think it is coincidence. She has not had any bad feelings about certain places nor felt cold chills nor drafts

I apologize for the long post... Tricia, you can e-mai if any other questions.

Tom

tracey

Jan 9, 2005
TN

Very interesting, and you must have been scared crapless to leave that kind of treasure! Therefore, I believe you!

Tricia

Mar 5, 2007

Tom, thank you. Excellent reply.

It's very refreshing to see someone really analyze their experiences instead of jumping to conclusions.

Unless you start hearing stories about the same type of occurances in the new house that was built where the old one stood, before the fire...guess we'll never know.

You'd make a good paranormal researcher. Looking at things from a scientific/factual/analytical point of view but also having an open mind.

And you are right, there is nothing right now that ends in hard proof so it's all speculative.

Gypsy, yup the list grows longer for the amicable agree to disagree group. ;D

K

Kentucky Kache

I'd like to see a new t'net topic on paranormal.

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Tricia said:

:) :) Thats why I love this forum....everyone can state their oppinion without someone else jumping down their throat. ::) ::)...LOL...well most of the time. I had an very active role and high interest in the paranormal ,ghost hunting,physic abilities ,witchcraft,ESP,transending ones body ,etc at one time. I like ghost stories and come from a long line of family who say they have seen them. My neverending quest for research has led me down many paths. I was looking for reasons,proof ,explanations and I found mine . Each person has to find their own answers or what they are comfortable in believing. In the meantime ...throw another log on the fire and keep those stories coming.Me....I would hunt the place....ghosts or not.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gypsyheart said:
Tricia said:

:) :) Thats why I love this forum....everyone can state their oppinion without someone else jumping down their throat. ::) ::)...LOL...well most of the time. I had an very active role and high interest in the paranormal ,ghost hunting,physic abilities ,witchcraft,ESP,transending ones body ,etc at one time. I like ghost stories and come from a long line of family who say they have seen them. My neverending quest for research has led me down many paths. I was looking for reasons,proof ,explanations and I found mine . Each person has to find their own answers or what they are comfortable in believing. In the meantime ...throw another log on the fire and keep those stories coming.Me....I would hunt the place....ghosts or not.

Same here & a few Darker ones.
I think I studied them all.
From the View of the Practitioners ; Not from the View of
those who would Run them down.

This is why it would take alot to Scare or Convince me
of anything beyond reality.

But, Definately WANT to be Convinced there is more then
I can see, hear, smell, feel or taste on command.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

She hung herself in 1921??......1 + 9 + 2 + 1=13!!!...913 Elm Street??.......9 + 1 +3=13!!!!!!........... ;D

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

Bump Bump Bump

Happy Halloween

Attachments

• ghostFig8C.gif
    ghostFig8C.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 226

trixster

Nov 4, 2007
Mount Savage Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Geeee thanks I WAS thinking about getting permission to search this really creepy house near me ..... hmmmmmmm wonder if my first wife wants to go metal detecting I'll let her look inside first . :D

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

being into the paranormal myself... has anyone tried to contact this woman spirit? maybe she had unfinished business as well that she didnt complete prior to her sucide.. I personally would suggest trying to contact her thru a professional medium... Maybe there is something she wishes to have done, to be completed.. I myself would love to go see if I could chat with her... see what exactly she wants ...and go from there..as it would also be a shame to let a lovely house fall into ruins when no ones tried to contact her to see what she feels or wants... so thats what I would do.. frankly, I love to go there... just to see if I could communicate with her.. maybe help her cross over to be with her son and husband... shes sounds like shes kinda stuck and needs help to get to where she wants..with her husband and son...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread