Have any markers lead to a treasure find?

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Ah well Brady, things of value bring out the worst in people.

I doubt anyone would post what was at end of the trail as experience has shown it is a very unwise thing to do.

Take a look at this for example, and this is not even "treasure" of the Spanish sort. Still it is an invaluable treasure and now mostly gone for us and for future generations. This kind of stuff, once it is gone thats it - there is no recovering it, ever.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/09/28/20080928desertranger0928side.html

I think it is one good reason people keep quiet in terms of location..to preserve the signs and symbols, along with the other very good reasons having to do with personal safety,among other things.

Its a big big land out west and remote and rugged at times. Even being in a wilderness area or preserve of some sort is no protection against defacers. Too much land to monitor, too many sites.

OP
OP
bradyboy

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew when I posted the question there would be an issue
having said that, I have to think there are folks out there that would like to share / brag about there finds
BUT - not being too specific as they could be pinched by the feds - so to speak
I see a lot of stories but no results
BradyBoy

OP
OP
bradyboy

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob
I have to agree
the posts seem to be a bit far fetched, really reaching out
rock formations are just that
that's why I asked the question
and the bull about we cant disclose what we found is just that -bull
sorry to be a disbeliever but I deal in reality and not wishfull thinking
trees, branches bent in a certain direction? geez
I could go on and on
Sorry guys, prove me wrong
Bradyboy

K

Kentucky Kache

I'm not one of the guys you're speaking of, but why on earth would those guys feel the need to prove anything to you?

OP
OP
bradyboy

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bob
I'm sure that some markers are valid
trail guides
But for treasure? I doubt it.
Why would you leave a clue for someone else to find?
go ahead, call me ignorant but I don't see it (at this time?
Brady

OP
OP
bradyboy

bradyboy

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2007
Clearwater, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My point is........
It would be very interesting if someone could validate markers
it certainly give this post some who believe and continue on with there finds.
I could be wrong, but I haven't seen any evidence of this.
Proof would only help and bolster those that have found markers
Brady

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
BB, there actually are a few genuine treasure signs posted on the forums, usually inadvertently. The fact that they are posted to the public indicates that the prize has not been recovered - those fortunate to have found a cache are also wise enough to keep their mouths shut. You might consider this a good rule of thumb as you peruse the forums. Braggarts are usually only looking for attention. Those in the know aren't. Think about it.

Most photos of manmade carvings, monuments, etc. posted have nothing to do with 'treasure', but have other more prosaic purposes. Those that are treasure clues have meanings known only to their creator(s). These meanings are not available in the public record.

The natural features that resemble faces, animals, etc., if not obviously enhanced by man, are nearly always just that - natural features. Interesting, sometimes amazing, but without obvious human intervention, just natural features.

rangler

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2004
The Land Of The Free Because Of The Brave!
Detector(s) used
for solutions to the jesuit code -email pics to: [email protected]

;[email protected] locations needed! oro bro!
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Bradyboy for asking the question..
you asked........

having said that, I have to think there are folks out there that would like to share / brag about there finds
BradyBoy

Being a Greenhorn in the real world of treasure hunting, we give you three dumb questions that will/have been forgiven

Q 1.I knew when I posted the question there would be an issue

A. This is what guys do when they get a trophy for a great game, winning race, a great classic car or even a trophy wife
In treasure hunting you keep your mouth shut if you want to keep your trophy's..if you want to see what people find
go to the metal detecting posts..or look at the top of this page.

Q 2. I have to agree the posts seem to be a bit far fetched, really reaching out
rock formations are just that that's why I asked the question
and the bull about we cant disclose what we found is just that -bull
sorry to be a disbeliever but I deal in reality and not wishfull thinking
trees, branches bent in a certain direction? geez
Sorry guys, prove me wrong

A. The real bull bradyboy is to be caught on the horns of the Big Bull..the IRS and the Federal Laws
of Treasure Trove. The Antiquities Laws and even Homeland Security
saying bull..doesn't make it so..it is purely subjective in your case, and since you dont stand a chance
to be pursued by these 'subjective' laws, you cant feel their power or what threat they
really are to you, your family and all the hard work you didn't put in.

If you really deal in reality....then here is some for you...get your self deep
into some research..ferret out the truth for your self..don't expect us to do it for you - then
hand it to you on a silver platter...with some school boy challenge..
then just a little bit more
of reality....once you spent about 20 years with your face buried in a book or on line
buy about 20 pair of the best ruggedly built hiking boots you can afford AND then WEAR them
all out!!
Take notes, hike a couple of thousand miles, take a 3-4 thousand pictures
keep a journal spend countless hours trying to decipher signs, rack your
brain, look for repetitions, confirmations, solutions, agreements, continuity, use deductive
reasoning, logic, common sense, some higher education on mathematics, Golden Math
Divine Geometry, Fibonacci sequence,languages,ancient pagan rituals and symbols
history, archaic Hebrew, Phoenician,Greek and Roman culture, and Natural Sciences.

Just before you are done with that, add Cartography,Astronomy, Amerindian Petroglyphs
masonry,mining engineering, read ReDeMetalica, The entire history of the Jesuits, the
Catholic Church, Opus Dei and the Illuminati...
oh don't forget the Knights Templar, the Rosicrucian's, the Pirates and the Masons
the KGC, and the Mormons. Read all 10 thousand posts on the available treasure
web sites on line..then just to make sure come back and read them all again just
to make sure you didnt miss anything..or forget some small critical point.

When you get done with that bit of reality.....come on back..and be able to bring something to
the party..then you might understand a few things about treasure hunting..but that is only
if you pay attention to the reality of what you learned, so you can perceive what you saw.

Q 3. I'm sure that some markers are valid trail guides But for treasure? I doubt it.
Why would you leave a clue for someone else to find?
go ahead, call me --deleted-- but I don't see it (at this time
?

A. OK---deleted---This was covered in Answer Number 2, but I promised you 3 ..so here ya go..
The true confirmed markers ARE valid, true treasure signs and symbols from the Spanish..but they were
meant NOT for you SEE let alone to read..nor where they meant for US to read..we have to break this
code and the short version is at least 2 decades long, if you are savvy.
The most basic of research would have revealed this fact .

They left the clues for the Kings Recovery Crew to find...the miners where under contract
to the King of Spain..they had to pay the 20% tax on all their finds..they had to leave this
sum in gold or silver buried safely in the ground,,marked by monuments cut into stone
with a code only the Kings men would know..these monuments were to last 500 years!!

A lot of these Kings Fifth caches were recovered just like they were supposed to be..however
you will see in your research why some were not... and then you will know why after 3 centuries there are
a group that still tries to track these trails.

The people who paid these kinds of dues to learn these truths rarely give them out to just anyone. The
ones who do will get flamed into oblivion by the greedy ones here on the net.Dign and I are two good
examples.If you don't believe that , just go read our posts. What they didnt delete volentarily or made to
is still there..
There is lots of puddin' there too..so it is worth the time.

...oh and the real treasure, is just being out there,,as the journey IS the destination..
aurferiously
rangler

"A good fence - like a good answer-should be pig tight, horse high, and bull strong."

Springfield

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2003
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
BS
BB, another tidbit - take it or leave it. Most of the valid 'treasure signs' out there were created in the 1930's anticipating/following FDR's Gold Act. They are not Spanish, Jesuit, etc., although their symbology has been accepted as such by their enthusiastic discoverers. Rangler actually provided you with rich food for thought above, even though he himself has wandered into a cul-de-sac.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
rangler said:
Thanks Bradyboy for asking the question..
you asked........

BradyBoy

Q 1.I knew when I posted the question there would be an issue

A. This is what guys do when they get a trophy for a great game, winning race, a great classic car or even a trophy wife
In treasure hunting you keep your mouth shut if you want to keep your trophy's..if you want to see what people find.

I agree 100%, but a question that I have asked on other threads still stands. If you truly have found a treasure and want to keep it secret for obvious reasons, Why post anything at all about it then?

Posting stuff like 'I found lots of gold,blah,blah,blah, but I won't show pictures or tell anymore' just sounds like
attention seeking, fantasy bragging to me.

If you ARE going to post such claims, don't be offended if others ask for proof. The burden of proof rests with the person making the claim, not the with the listener having to dis-prove it.

Jay

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I know for a 100% fact that spanish signs have been followed and significant precious metal finds have been made. That is all I will say about that, I may have said too much already. No, it was not by me, but just seeing the spanish treasure found was the thrill of my treasure hunting experiences.

K

Kentucky Kache

Burden of proof is for the courts, not for treasure hunters. I know there's a lot of false leads, but WE don't have to follow them. Why take it so personally?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cache Crazy said:
Burden of proof is for the courts, not for treasure hunters. I know there's a lot of false leads, but WE don't have to follow them. Why take it so personally?
This is my take on it.

I love to come in and read about the treasure marks and signs, but I too don't really believe much lies at the end of these trails. If there was somehting there, there are all kinds of chances that someone else has already found said treasure. If we're talking about these marks now, it's a cinch that they were talked about 50 years ago.

But the really alloying thing is the build up that comes from some of these posts. We get pictures of sign after sign, each more interesting that the last, but there's never an end to the posts. There's no "I followed the signs and came to an empty hole," or "I followed the signs but the just ran out into nothing." Instead, the post just abruptly ends, no matter how many folks ask for more information, and the original poster starts a new thread with a whole different set of pictures. It's always a big let down.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bob631 said:
I'm gonna try this again, would someone please describe what they see in this picture.

snake-1.jpg
Looks like yellow moss or gold on those rocks... Is that what you're talking about?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bob631 said:
Keep looking, I highly doubt yellow moss would be formed into a snake. One of the interesting things about gold is it doesn't tarnish, but silver turns really black. If you look even closer you'll see a swordsman and the head of the giant he must have conquered. This picture was taken about a year and a half ago in hotchkiss colorado on the back side of the grand mesa, and no I do not have it in my posession, But I did take the picture, what exactly is your definition of "treasure"?
I guess I just can't see it. It all looks natural to me.

What is my definition of treasure? That's a pretty broad question. What context are you using it in? As in, "If I follow these signs, I'll find treasure?" or "My daughter is a treasure to me?"

If you're talking about treasure hunters, it's going to be something of value, whether historic or intrinsic.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bob631 said:
af1733 said:
I guess I just can't see it. It all looks natural to me.

Astounding, now i know i'm not seeing things because I've shown this picture to several people and they all confirmed I wasn't crazy. I guess the key here is realise that this stuff has been out in the weather for 300 years and shows some signs of age but you can still see the eye, tongue and outline of the head quite clearly.....does this help???

I'm sorry, but I just can't see it. :-\ But spotting markers isn't really my thing, you know?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bob631 said:
;D just delete it if you would..... I certainly don't want Rangler getting wind that I've been posting more imaginary cloud pictures. What is it about my pictures that I can have a guy sitting right next to me that's never seen it before say "yep looks like a snake to me" but then I put them on the internet and it's totally invisible, i'm starting to think there is some sort of conspiracy going on ;D
Well, you know the thing is that I even if I know what to look for, without some guidance I probably won't spot it. Maybe it looks different on a flat screen monitor? I don't know. But I know that a lot of times with these sign postings, I often can't see it until someone actually draws some outlines on the pic itself. Then I can go back and compare the before and after pics and eventually see it. Other times, I see something totally different that what is supposed to be there.........go figure, eh?

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
bob631 said:
I modified my picture up there maybe that'll help. ;D
I wish I could say yes, but I'm just not seeing it. :-[ What is that yellow stuff, anyway? And what scale is this picture? Is the area you're pointing out as big as a grapefruit? A Basketball? ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions