markers/signs/symbols/monuments of an ancient nature - post em if you got em.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008

Attachments

• IMG_2469.JPG
    IMG_2469.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 873
  • IMG_2479.JPG
    IMG_2479.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 893
OP
OP
desertmoons

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Re: markers/signs/symbolsmoniments of an ancient nature - post em if you got em.

Oh yes I see some interesting things on your picture. The right hand arrow points to what looks to me to be a cloaked or robed figure with a circular object by him. There may be something else there too - sort of like a skull shape.

On the cheek/jowl of the turtle may be some things too - another owl or shield shape. However that area too looks like a possible for defacement. It just came to me that maybe the engraved owl shape is not always an owl..but something else - shield - defacement mark or something.

ancient1.jpg

The other arrows point to a nascent idea I have in that the Spanish defaced many many previous monuments and markers even in the wilds of North America. The areas pointed to, I'd want to compare cleaved rock elsewhere with the cleavage there. Was is simply chiseled out - whatever was there - or is that a natural rock face.

The faces in my pics were meant to be seen to best advantage about a quarter mile to a half mile away..and from a different lower angle. You can seem them from a trail or two. To me they have been touched by the Spanish, maybe even made by them.

But one thing bugs me about them and that is their beards. Nice and long and squared off. Not what I think of as a spanish beard. More of an Assyrian type beard. I'm not saying they are Assyrian, it just reminds me of Assyrian.

IMG_0505-2.jpg
IMAGE_233.jpg

And the bug eye figure - reminds me of mesoamerican figures. Mainly because of the wide open mouth, the bug eyes and something on the side of it.

Its a mystery to have the one or two Spanish touched faces, then this one that looks so,...horrific. Could have been left to scare the natives. Could have been left as a sacred god maybe rain or even some other sort of scary figure from ancient times that the natives stayed away from. Or it could be natural. Or it could be it is not viewed at the correct angle to reveal its mysteries.

I attempted to climb up to it recently and there does not seem a safe way all the way up.

Well maybe up..but coming back down is darn dangerous. Too steep to walk, but not steep enough to turn yourself around and crawl down. Its a lot more dangerous coming down. I was highly involved during that part, as death was so close! Just a too quick step and loose rock away.

Hehe...well hence I tore the back of my jeans out sliding down some parts as I saw no other good way to do it.. Thank goodness I had my iron bloomers on. Safety first and if I'm going to be doing this sort of thing, I better start carrying a piton or two! Even if you stay on the Spanish marked trail..which i foolishly left, it can get pretty - uh- challenging.

Any way..
left hand arrow the bug eye guy. Other arrows point to something that I'm speculating has been altered. I mean might have been something else then some one came along and chopped off the nose, and smoothed out other markings.

IMG_2479cp.jpg
INAH, Aztec clay statue of warrior.JPG

Anyway Bob I think there is ancient stuff out there. Your picture seems to be full of things to look at - some new and maybe some older.

Have you seen any cockatoos or cockatiels out in the field?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions