Have Money,Will Travel

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
My son ScoobaSteve, who lives 50 miles from me hunts a few boxes a month. With 5 kids,time and money are in short supply for him.He does have dump banks though.
Myself, I have time,and money,but no dump banks.
Now I've done some forum research and things have changed in the past couple of years. Two years ago there was a lot more postings of road trips,good or bad,boxes searches,finds and skunks.
It appeared to be a livelier forum. I know that there is a lot of silver being harvested,but not reported, and plenty of skunks that we never hear about.
Anyway to liven things up a bit I got together with Steve, and hatched a plan.
I told him to order 6 boxes of halves,I'll put up the money,and we will split the loot 50/50.
So we did on Wednesday
Two of the boxes were skunks and we got the following out of the remaining 4 boxes.
1x WLH
1x Ben
5x 1964's
19x 40's
1x 40% Bicentennial
All searched and dumped within a couple of hours.
We spilt up the silver and I let him grab the Bicentennial,Walker and Ben,because he is more fascinated with the oldies than I am.
We searched and dumped together which made for a pleasent experience. In fact it was fun !
I've no real interest in getting back into CRHing,but for the first time in a while I enjoyed myself as did Steve.
So we are going to do this again next week, and in all probability will score a dream box, for your reading pleasure and to add to our treasure
HH
Rich

Upvote 0

AGCoinHunter

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 (MD) Bare hands (CRH)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew you couldnt walk away! Once a CRH always a CRH. Nice finds.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AGCoinHunter said:
I knew you couldnt walk away! Once a CRH always a CRH. Nice finds.

That is very true. Even though I don't do boxes anymore, I find myself stopping at every bank on the way home and asking for
halves, at least once a week. ???

Numismaniac

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2010
I knew you couldn't stay away from CRH! Great news on your new teaming with your son. Good haul BTW :headbang:

d2arcing

Bronze Member
Jun 22, 2009
very nice... i would love a friend to join me and do this... would be more fun and could get lunch and make it a few hours of fun...

JD-GA

Feb 2, 2010
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Rich-- I use to post my weekly stats but im afraid the paranoia bug bit me. When I first joined this forum one of my posts would get maybe 50 or 60 views with 8 to 10 posts. Now some of our posts get 300 plus views with 4 or 5 of the same people posting. I dont begrudge anyone crhing however im no longer giving free information to people not willing to do the same. Its a free site and people can easily join and post instead of lurking for clues without introducing themselves.

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
JD-GA said:
Rich-- I use to post my weekly stats but im afraid the paranoia bug bit me. When I first joined this forum one of my posts would get maybe 50 or 60 views with 8 to 10 posts. Now some of our posts get 300 plus views with 4 or 5 of the same people posting. I dont begrudge anyone crhing however im no longer giving free information to people not willing to do the same. Its a free site and people can easily join and post instead of lurking for clues without introducing themselves.

I read somewhere that paranoid people are the only ones truly aware of what's going on,or words to that effect.
There is a lot of silver out there just waiting to be found, so I could care less who catches tips from my posts.
Sometimes I give out free info by PM, even to people that don't live that far from me. In this game,for reasons that I don't have the time to explain,everytime someone scores,we all win.
I know that there are those that believe that posting scores will attract more competition,but that's not really true,because most people are lazy,or give up easy if they are not instantly gratified. That's just the way it is.
So it is a good thing in my opinion to post our little victories,as well as are more common and stupendous skunks.
HH
Rich

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I'm not really back into it like I was. No more auto order boxes where I have to be some place at a certain time,or drive through a snow storm to dump so that I have enough money to make the next pick-up.
That's like wearing a ball and chain.
CRHing with someone else, picking up and dumping when you feel like it is fun. Plus Scooba is a very entertaining individual,and I'm not just saying that because he is my son.
Heck I would even go on a road trip with him,which I swore off last year. Well,maybe not a road trip.
So once a week we will buy and dump,a few boxes,leaving me with 6 days to do other things that I like to do.
HH
Rich

capy325

Apr 9, 2008
I thought it was "Have gun will travel"...Yes I'm sure this just went over the heads of more than half the people here! :laughing7:

Sounds like a good deal Rich! Little bit of quality time with the family and a little more silver for the pile!

OP
OP
Rich Hartford

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
capy325 said:
I thought it was "Have gun will travel"...Yes I'm sure this just went over the heads of more than half the people here! :laughing7:

Sounds like a good deal Rich! Little bit of quality time with the family and a little more silver for the pile!

You caught it Capy! "Have Gun Will Travel. I keep forgetting that I'm old enough to remember that show.
HH
Rich

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Family time is truly priceless--regardless of the activity. Glad you "guys" found that time with silver to boot. This may be the way to go!

More HSH,
apush :read2:

ScoobaSteve

Nov 28, 2008
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTX500
It was fun doing it as a team! Best of all was that I pulled %95 of the silver from those boxes. I'm sure that next week you will have the silver thumb.

BTW the silver bicentinial is a proof and was the 2nd that I pulled in 2 years. But either way it's still cool to get a silver proof from a box even if it's a %40.

mrbelvetron

Jun 15, 2004
Cleburne, TX.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Can you say RELAPSE!!!! I knew you'd fall off the wagon sooner or later. Now I'm waiting for next weeks "...well my 100 boxes got me..." It all starts with just a little fix of the sweet stuff.

Good to see you and Scooba scoring the AG.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions