Have passport will travel.

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
XP Deus - Fisher F-75 Ltd - Omega 8000
Hello European forum members. I am going to Europe next March or April on a 10 day visit. I once lived in London 40 years ago when I was Program Director/disc jockey on Radio England, an offshore pirate station. Regretfully I did not metal detect at that time, however now that I am retired it is almost an obsession (so says my wife). If any member who lives in either England, Scotland, Ireland, France, or Germany would be willing to take me with you for a day I would be very grateful. Please leave me a private message.
Ron O'Quinn
Georgia USA

Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI RONO,THAT SOUNDS COOL AND WAS THE RADIO STATION ON A DISUSED OIL RIG IN THE NORTH SEA AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR TRIP AND I HERE THE TOWER OF LONDON IS FULL OF NICE STUFF :o :o :o

TINPAN

OP
OP
RonO

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
Hi Frisian Prospector, I have not ruled out The Netherlands. Are you near Amsterdam?

Hello TinPan, Actually Swinging Radio England was on a ship. Some of the "pirates" were on old WW2 forts (platforms) in the Thames estuary, though. The last time I visited the Tower of London they had wonderful stuff there, however they seem determined to keep it, also. LOL

OP
OP
RonO

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
Mike,
I haven't decided, but probably Frankfurt. I want to show my wife the Rhine, but as the post implies I will travel wherever to find get a chance at finding something really old.
Thanks,
Ron

Frisian prospector

Jul 1, 2006
The Netherlands
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq
No i dont really live near to Amsterdam but in the north of The Netherlands.

Amsterdam is only a 1.5 hours drive so that distance wont be a problem.

And a fact: The chance of finding something here where i live is much better than the rest of the Netherlands ;D ;D

Just to get you in the moode a picture

Attachments

• Gouden dukaat.jpg
    Gouden dukaat.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 371
OP
OP
RonO

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
Thanks to all who replied. I now have a trip lined up in the Netherlands, and would love to md England, also.
I am really impressed with the nice people on this forum. Good hunting to everybody.
Ron

TreasureGrabber

Jul 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS/
Minelab Explorer SE (with Coiltek WOT spider, Coiltek Joe, SEF 10x12 )/Bounty Hunter Land Star.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Travel :)

OP
OP
RonO

RonO

Feb 10, 2006
Cotacachi, Ecuador
Detector(s) used
Thanks, Art. I have already lined up a detecting trip to The Netherlands and a couple of different hunts in England so I am all set. Members on this forum are great ambassadors for their respective area and country.
HH,
Ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread