Have you ever buried something for people in the FUTURE to find?

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least he fessed up.............

dvbish35

Greenie
Jun 29, 2010
vermont
Detector(s) used
whites idx pro, whites Coinmaster 5 hip mount
Have never thought of it....but....you can be certain my children and i will be planting our own "time capsule" at the base of the maple tree in our front yard!!

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
NOLA_Ken said:
Nos as such, but when I was framing new homes, I would always nail a new penny to one of the studs, and sign my name next to it. Then when I started doing remodel work I kept finding beer cans in the walls. I always made sure to keep one for myself, and to leave a new one in the wall with the old ones, also signing my name to the stud next to it......

Also, an oops moment, I set a bag of taco bell food on a ledge, and when I came back at the end of the day for my leftovers, the sheetrockers had sealed it up into the wall...... I'm not sure what a nacho bell grande will be worth in the future, but I'd hate to open that wall up........
TOOOOOOOO FUNNY on the Taco Bell.... :icon_thumleft:

ohioaxeman

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2007
sandusky, ohio
I once buried some Nudy magazines i found in my brothers room back in early 80's... and remember hiding a bag of weed under a rock in back yard. Never dug the mags back up, and the weed was gone the next day. Maybe my brother found it! :dontknow: ;D

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Never buried nothin myself,back in highschool in 1968 a couple of the boys stole a corvette and buried it,don't know if they wanted some else to find it but the LAW sure found it!!!!!!!!!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, some of my far-sighted ancestors buried family members for future archaeologists to dig up and study.

snorton750

Jul 28, 2006
Auburn, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic ID
Well now that you mention it, Yes. In the late 50's early 60's I'm not sure which, I put a mason jar half full of nickles and pennys in a hole in our back yard. The hole was as deep as I could reach while laying on my side. Dug it with a posthole digger. About 6 inches above the jar I put an 8 or 10 inch piece of obsidian. Guess that was to stop anyone from digging it up. Hadn't thought much about it but I would think it was still there. We moved to Mississippi in 62 and I didn't dig it up. I wounder if my Whites Classic would go that deep. I live in Wa. now and don't know if I'll get back to Ca. anytime soon. It was in Ukiah, Ca. Thats in northern Ca. Oh well HH Stan...

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
snorton750 said:
Well now that you mention it, Yes. In the late 50's early 60's I'm not sure which, I put a mason jar half full of nickles and pennys in a hole in our back yard. The hole was as deep as I could reach while laying on my side. Dug it with a posthole digger. About 6 inches above the jar I put an 8 or 10 inch piece of obsidian. Guess that was to stop anyone from digging it up. Hadn't thought much about it but I would think it was still there. We moved to Mississippi in 62 and I didn't dig it up. I wounder if my Whites Classic would go that deep. I live in Wa. now and don't know if I'll get back to Ca. anytime soon. It was in Ukiah, Ca. Thats in northern Ca. Oh well HH Stan...

At that depth, you're gonna need a Minelab........... :laughing7:

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RGINN said:
Actually, some of my far-sighted ancestors buried family members for future archaeologists to dig up and study.

I hear ya.

But it ain't ever going to be me.

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sold uncleaned roman coins on ebay for a few years , i would throw small handfuls of worn broken cull coins into my back yard so in years to come scientists can have a field day trying to figure out a hoard of romans made it to canada

cgull

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, AT PRO, XLT and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I buried a can of coins below a mesquite in a field next to my house back in the sixties. I noticed last year the field has houses but the tree is still there. My aunt tells me of a coffee can of coins she buried in the 40's. I hope to detect the area she hid her cache one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread