Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... awaken in the morning with a song in your head. You hum or whistle it while you are getting ready for work.

And when you hop in the car to leave, the song that's in your head is playing on the radio when you turn the car on? Not a few songs later or heard later in the day sometime, but playing when you get in the car. Happens to me at least once a month. Coincidence or psychic?

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
Probably only coincidence. Still, I've had it happen to me on numerous occasions and always wonder if there is something to it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: "Hyper-sensitive"/"Hyper-alert" to this song from a "dream"/sleep? I think yer brain somehow
"tuned" into that song, and radio "channel"/radiowave, caused yer bodybrain to be "attuned to it"... DUNNO. I had the SAME thing happen to me, when EARLY songs by the BEATLES were playing, in the early 60's... YEAH, YEAH, YEAH! :D :wink: :thumbsup:

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
I had the SAME thing happen to me, when EARLY songs by the BEATLES were playing, in the early 60's... YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!

And you don't think that it was simply the fact that at any given point you could turn on a radio and hear the same Beatles song playing somewhere? From sheer probability it seems like some songs would be likely to cause this to occur. However, I've had times when I thought of some really old song that I hadn't heard in years and then it was miraculously the next song to start playing on the radio. So I'm not doubting it. But in most cases you could probably chalk it up to pure probability. That would be my guess for 90% of these occurances. For the other 10% there COULD be something weird going on. But what do I know...

P

pippinwhitepaws

i'd have my filling checked...at least your picking up FM.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
:coffee2: :tongue3: :thumbsup: NAW... to clarify MY experience; I was driving along in my car (alone)... when a "voice" (in my head) would say... "tune to WXYZ AM, and you will hear the BEATLES' WXYZ (song)... ALWAYS! ;D :coffee2: :tongue3:
:thumbsup: ;D

T

trish76642

I'd say Psychic....and the reason i say that is because i do it all the time, i've done it so often that when i do think of an old song, one i havent heard in a long time, i'll think to myself "wow, where did that come from" I know that im gonna hear it on the radio. Never fails.

The first time it happened was so long ago, i remember it, but not the clients name that i was working for, but i remember having such a hard time getting they last name right, now i know why.

Im a contractor, its very seldom that i ever have problems remembering the clients name, and the 3 occasions that i did forget, i would call them Mrs So&So....Johnson? Well i'll be dang if Mrs Johnson didnt call me a few days later.

The last one i was working for, a lady, and i kept calling her Mrs Smith, i could not get that name out of my head...Few days later, Mrs Shirley Smith called me. Happened to me 3 times, now i pay attention.

So now...like the songs that get stuck in my head, i know im gonna hear them, and when i call a client a different name..i know im gonna get a call from that person. Weird i know. But its true.

You just have to start paying attention.

T

trish76642

Heres another one yall might relate to...

Have you ever had a song stuck in your head, now mind you, you havent been around a radio all day, then your spouse comes home from work and he's/she is singing (outloud) the same song?

Happens to us all the time.

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I can say it's never happened to me. What does happen if I hear a song I really don't like while heading to work in the morning, it'll haunt me all day.

DM

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear a song I don't like and find myself humming it all day long to my chagrin! Monty

B

BIG61AL

They play a classic rock station at work and before the next song come on sometime i try to guess what song is next. I can usually guess right about two or three times a week. Now two or three is not alot until you consider that their plays list can contain as much 5000 or 6000 tracks on the main cycles with perhap as much a 1000 songs not on the rotation but are played for special dates or when a performer comes to town and they are promoting them..

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
;D It CAN, and DOES happen... the more you practice, you more you do it... gotta BELIEVE & FEEL it! :wink: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions