Having a DFX hicup ...... How do you "Reboot"

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II
Having a DFX hicup ...... How do you "Reboot"

I've posted in the General Discussion board a problem that I'm having with my DFX. It's posted under http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php?topic=150136.new;topicseen#new. I know how to reboot a computer. how can you reboot a DFX when you can't get anything out of it (a sound or screen to let you know that it's on )before you take the battery pack out of it? ???

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Having a DFX hicup ...... How do you "Reboot"

It has to be ON... then just remove the battery. If its not comming on try using new batteries in the battery pack and ensure its making contact.

OP
OP
briankb70

briankb70

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2008
river valley/ Fort Smith, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's DFX,Classic III, Prizim II

dewcon4414 said:
It has to be ON... then just remove the battery. If its not coming on try using new batteries in the battery pack and ensure its making contact.
That's what I thought .I have already done the new batteries and freshly charged.I'll take a look at the battery terminals. fingers crossed that they aren't making contact.

Admiral de Salee

Apr 2, 2007
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's V3i w. D2 or Super12
White's DFX w. D2 or 5.3
Sunray DX-1, Lesche Digger

I hope they fix your baby good as new. The usual reboot procedure is to have the unit On; remove the battery pack; leave it out for 60 seconds; and then re-insert.

I sent my DFX in for its 'I'm almost 2' fixes a couple of months ago. Recently, I had some instability after turn-on with my refurb'ed machine. I had my program set too hot as a default value (PAG 4 & AC Sens 72), plus I had Autotrac OFF (turning it off after initial 2 ground balances is sometimes good when hunting sites with lots of small iron, but it shouldn't have been programmed OFF).

Those were operator-induced problems from pre-season frenzy, but I've noticed that the DFX is a lot quieter with either of my 2 rechargeable batter packs after it's been running a while. Chirpier and borderline-unstable with a freshly-charged pack. I've had to drop Gain to 2 or 3 and AC to 68 and hunt for a bit, then jack them back up after 5 minutes. I've heard someone else over on dfxonly mention frogginess with a fresh pack, then 'warming up and settling down'.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread