Other
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a lot of weird things that have gone on in this area over the last 50 or 60 years. I really can not explain them. It seems everyone wanted this location to never be found. There were people that knew where this location was but they were not interested in the story or the Ward Family per se. Nor were they interested in the treasure as though they had never heard of it. Some of the family had heard about the treasure but they had simply just let the property go until it was finally sold. Now there may be as many as 400 or 500 houses in the area with apartment buildings and other buildings.

I could tell you things that seem impossible but they will have to wait. They even left a way to find where the house once stood and it is pretty accurate. I wish I could tell all but it will have to wait until we do something about the cemetery.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Quakers " Society of friends" burial ground?
The society seems a constant through the generations.
Found mention of a heirloom silver " case" ,ornate and containing a picture of Washington. A letter in there too. ( 7th generation 682 . Fifth month1852 area.)

Other mention of a letter from a grandfather highly prized.. Another of papers with phrases found in a desk drawer after an individuals death. ( No, no ciphers or treasure).
All separate events ,but part of Morris family history.
An iron works. A failed coal discovery. A handsomest man.
Hidden chamber,headless horseman during revolution era....What tales!
Heh.

http:// https://archive.org/stream/morrisfamilyofph02moon/morrisfamilyofph02moon_djvu.txt

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There is a lot of weird things that have gone on in this area over the last 50 or 60 years. I really can not explain them. It seems everyone wanted this location to never be found. There were people that knew where this location was but they were not interested in the story or the Ward Family per se. Nor were they interested in the treasure as though they had never heard of it. Some of the family had heard about the treasure but they had simply just let the property go until it was finally sold. Now there may be as many as 400 or 500 houses in the area with apartment buildings and other buildings.

I could tell you things that seem impossible but they will have to wait. They even left a way to find where the house once stood and it is pretty accurate. I wish I could tell all but it will have to wait until we do something about the cemetery.
Is Rufus, the Troll of Dreaming Creek mentioned...? Dreaming Creek DOES run behind HISTORIC Sandusky, (home of the Hutter Family).

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Rufus, the Troll of Dreaming Creek mentioned...? Dreaming Creek DOES run behind HISTORIC Sandusky, (home of the Hutter Family).

No this is something more like the KGC would do.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There is a lot of weird things that have gone on in this area over the last 50 or 60 years. I really can not explain them. It seems everyone wanted this location to never be found.
There were people that knew where this location was but they were not interested in the story or the Ward Family per se. Nor were they interested in the treasure as though they had never heard of it.
Some of the family had heard about the treasure but they had simply just let the property go until it was finally sold. Now there may be as many as 400 or 500 houses in the area with apartment buildings and other buildings.

I could tell you things that seem impossible but they will have to wait.
They even left a way to find where the house once stood and it is pretty accurate. I wish I could tell all but it will have to wait until we do something about the cemetery.
Any new developments on the location?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any new developments on the location?

No, not yet. Still waiting to hear from the Virginia State Archaeologist?

I do have a certified Death Certificate for Thomas Beale of New Orleans. James William Beale his son when 35 years old in 1855 claimed that his father died September, 1818. That would be two years before he was born. The Register of Death Certificates should have spotted this before filing the claim. Another part of the Death Certificate said that Thomas Beale died 47 years old. If he died in 1818 and was born in 1773, he would only have been 45 years old. This is another false statement that the Recorder of Death Certificates should have figured out? But you know workers are workers, they only want to finish their jobs and go home with a paycheck. Facts should be checked before filing a legal document as authentic. But anyway, this proves that Thomas Beale Sr., was the man that died on September 8, 1820 and not Thomas Beale Jr. as has been claimed by posters here on this forum and on other forums. This lays this claim to rest now and forever. I am going to prove some other claims as being unfounded also in the future.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
QUESTION:
James William Beale was the son of Thomas Beale Sr who had the duel with James Beverly Risqué?
...or are there two Thomas Beales of New Orleans?

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUESTION:
James William Beale was the son of Thomas Beale Sr who had the duel with James Beverly Risqué?
...or are there two Thomas Beales of New Orleans?

Thomas Beale Sr., Recorder of Wills, Captain of Beale's Rifles was the same man that died on September 8, 1820. There was only one Thomas Beale other than his illegitimate son Thomas Beale Jr. There were about six different Thomas Beale's that fought in the Battle of New Orleans but only one lived there and he was the father of James William Beale.

Yes and this Thomas Beale had a gun duel with James Beverly Risque in Fincastle. He was the brother of John and Charles Beale, two of the richest men in the country at that time. TB ran a mercantile store for his brothers in Alexandria and later in Fincastle. You would think that just across the Blue Ridge Mtns. was Robert Morriss and he was in the mercantile business in Baltimore, Md. before running a mercantile store in Lynchburg, Va. These two men should have known each other.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Thomas Beale Sr., Recorder of Wills, Captain of Beale's Rifles was the same man that died on September 8, 1820. There was only one Thomas Beale other than his illegitimate son Thomas Beale Jr. There were about six different Thomas Beale's that fought in the Battle of New Orleans but only one lived there and he was the father of James William Beale.

Yes and this Thomas Beale had a gun duel with James Beverly Risque in Fincastle. He was the brother of John and Charles Beale, two of the richest men in the country at that time. TB ran a mercantile store for his brothers in Alexandria and later in Fincastle. You would think that just across the Blue Ridge Mtns. was Robert Morriss and he was in the mercantile business in Baltimore, Md. before running a mercantile store in Lynchburg, Va. These two men should have known each other.
MAYBE... they DID.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Was Celeste Grand Pre Boucher Beale, married to Thomas Beale Sr, his mother?
Their children listed as Eliza 1816, Celeste1818, James 1820, and Octavine, curiously born in 1823, almost three years after Thomas Beale Sr died.

Interesting enough is Celeste Grandpierre Beale, also married to a Thomas Beale, shown to have three children, Celeste, Octavius, and James.

QUESTION:
Are these the same families or two totally different families that strangely parallel each other?
Or is this a genealogist error?

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

MAYBE... they DID. MORE R & I of "interest" on Thomas Beale, Sr.; DYK...? He was kin to Prez. James Madison, Jr.? "Google" Johanna Dordick; Descendants of Ambrose Madison. There is some info on Thomas Beale, Sr. in the Shenandoah County Library System ("Google"). HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was Celeste Grand Pre Boucher Beale, married to Thomas Beale Sr, his mother?
Their children listed as Eliza 1816, Celeste1818, James 1820, and Octavine, curiously born in 1823, almost three years after Thomas Beale Sr died.

Interesting enough is Celeste Grandpierre Beale, also married to a Thomas Beale, shown to have three children, Celeste, Octavius, and James.

QUESTION:
Are these the same families or two totally different families that strangely parallel each other?
Or is this a genealogist error?

That is the same family. You have to watch those genealogy websites, over one half of their information comes from speculative information from different sources. The same way I had Robert Morriss being the son of Thomas Morriss. Thomas Morriss being the one half brother of Robert Morriss, Signer of the Declaration of Independence. I got that information from Ancestry.com. Now as we know for a fact this information is unfounded. Robert Morriss of Lynchburg, Virginia was the son of John Morriss of Loudoun County, Virginia.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
It is interesting that one does not mention Eliza Beale, who married into the Ricker family of Louisiana.

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is interesting that one does not mention Eliza Beale, who married into the Ricker family of Louisiana.

I have all of the research on the family. I will look it up for you when I get time.

Octavia though was not born in 1823. She died at the age of 82 on November 08, 1903. which would have made her born in 1821, before Nov. 08. Since her father Thomas Beale Sr. died on September 08, 1820, Octavia most likely was born late May or Early June, 1821.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
That is the same family. You have to watch those genealogy websites, over one half of their information comes from speculative information from different sources. The same way I had Robert Morriss being the son of Thomas Morriss. Thomas Morriss being the one half brother of Robert Morriss, Signer of the Declaration of Independence. I got that information from Ancestry.com. Now as we know for a fact this information is unfounded. Robert Morriss of Lynchburg, Virginia was the son of John Morriss of Loudoun County, Virginia.
Well, the signer of the DOI was Robert MORRIS, who financed the RW...

OP
OP
franklin

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eliza was not mentioned with the other three brothers and sisters because she had filed a claim of "curator" which means she is a minor but she will have a say about her share of her father, Thomas Beale, Sr.'s estate. Her mother was placed as her "curator ad bona" and Mr. Louis Favrot was appointed by the court as her "curator ad lites" This was on March 24, 1829 and Eliza was above the age of 13 and soon to be 14. She later married Samuel Ricker about 1837. I have the exact date but a lot to look up, so the marriage date may or may not be correct.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread