having good luck at school

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Went to another local school today and found a silver ring!, the symbol on the ring looks like a radiation symbol to me?. When I found the second ring it looked like a mood ring, but after cleaning it I noticed a pitted design on the inside. There are no silver markings on the inside and it has a repeating dolphin design on the outside, looks like a cheap ring to me. The other item looks to me like a miniature plum bob worn on a necklace maybe, another good day for metal detecting for me!

Attachments

• april1407.jpg
    april1407.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 454
  • radring.jpg
    radring.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 453
  • radin.jpg
    radin.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 454
  • fishring.jpg
    fishring.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 455
  • fishin.jpg
    fishin.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 457
  • pblob.jpg
    pblob.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 457
Upvote 0

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Dunno what a plum bob is, is that an American thing ???
Looks like a pendulum to me. That is a really cool find 8), if it was me I'd be testing it out now :D

HH

bongo1962

Feb 4, 2007
Buick City
I believe your radiation symbol is the trinity, you know father son and holy ghost. Not sure, Not Catholic, but I think I saw it somewhere. Nice Finds. Bongo

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrads on the nice finds today. I am still waiting to find a legitimate precious metals ring. I have found so many almosts......washers, split rings, junk rings.....

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great silver rings and nice miniature plumb bob.

For those who don't know what plumb bob is or what it could be used for here is one example:

A plumb bob is used for running a verticle line from top to bottom. One of the uses that came in handy was when I used it to install stove pipe on a wood burning stove from the attic down through the first floor of my house. I wanted to make sure that aestetically my wood burning stove pipe was were perfectly straight running vertically up and down and matched where I was going to cut a hole in my roof down to my first floor to also match up with the stove pipe fitting, finally so that everything was centered properly.

Hope that helps. ??? ::) ;D

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Way to go.

Yarrum, a Plum bob is what we Americans call a pendulum used in construction. Don't know the origin of the word though. :P

I found a round lead weight as part of a pendant or necklace in a school recently as well. ??? Maybe some parents can enlighten the rest of use as to if this is the "cool" trend in jewelry among kids. I'll post a picture of mine Monday at:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,80337.0.html

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Congratulations on the ring and the... Witches Pendulum. Or Pendul as they call them. Some are used to talk to the dead, and some are used for love.

That's a cool find!

Ridley

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Congratulations. Two rings is amazing. I have been detecting for over 2 years and I have yet to find even one . That plumb bob is a great find. I've never seen one that small. Happy hunting.

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Finds, Carpel!! The rings and the pendulum are the bomb.

HH
Neal

conquistador

Feb 13, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
dfx.
Nice plumb you have there. :) I love searching school also. I once found an aluminum pencil sharpener
it was so light I was excited I found it.It made my day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread