HB with an early SEATED and an IRON Brigade FAREWELL...

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

There will be a lot of info in this post--but there will also be some excellent finds photos and a lot of good memories...

HB went on a hunt and dug yet another seated this year--a nice 1842-O dime. He has had the horseshoe stuck somewhere. :D Here are a few photos of the coin coming up:

Finds 009.jpg

Finds 001.jpg

Finds 003.jpg

Hill Billy Hunting 024.jpg

Hill Billy Hunting 026.jpg

I have now moved away from KY, and said my "goodbye's" to the IRON Brigade in person, but I wanted to say a bit more here...

So, how many people do you know that have lost 3 vehicles due to metal detecting? One via car accident, one through transmission failure on a diggin trip, and one was killed by a tree. One of the scariest moments ever! Take a look at the carnage:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,79009.0.html

Folks, I've been lucky to be here--and lucky to dig with such a great group of folks.

Kindafoundabuckle--I owe it to you for getting me back into this fine hobby after a bit of a break. Kentucky can probably take us off the "Most Wanted" list now. Arby's can relax a bit. :D This old post pretty much sums it up:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,124881.0.html

HB--I can't tell ya how much I've enjoyed hunting with you on so many trips and adventures. You have been on Fire this year with your finds, and I hope you can keep the streak up for a while. Of course, I also hope you cool down eventually and let KFB dig something.

Rodeo and Bonzaibrandi--Thank you for sticking with me through the learning process of honing my skills at finding sites in KY. It was a tough ride at first, but I couldn't have done it without you two.

Coinmaster--I've enjoyed your humor and good spirits. They make the great hunts even more fun, and the skunk hunts easier to deal with.

Diggergirl--I get to take you with me, so fortunately this is not goodbye yet. :-*

What an incredible 2 1/2 years we've had... Here are links to the annual finds posts:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,211202.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,293877.0.html

I figure we've knocked on well over a THOUSAND doors, and met almost as many people through our hobby. I've become a walking phone directory of one particular county... and I even know who is related to who and which person is whose ex-wife, remarried. :D

We've dug over 2,600 lbs of iron.

In doing some brief tallies of the finds for the past two and a half years, I came up with a few numbers:

40 Large Cents
5 Spanish Silvers
1783 Nova Constellatio Copper
1829 Half Cent
3 Flying Eagle Cents
14 Seated Coins, including a Seated Quarter and a Seated Half Dollar
1 Morgan Dollar
1 Large 20 Kreutzer Silver from the 1820s
10 Shield Nickels
3 2-cent Pieces
5 Barber Dimes
1 Beautiful Barber Quarter

NINE military buckles and plates ranging from the 1810s through the Civil War
27 Eagle Buttons
Complete set of KY Staff buttons
1808 pattern Artillery Button
Confederate Block "I" button (cast)
Virginia State Seal button
2 complete Lock Plates from early muskets

G.A.R. Badge

1840 William Henry Harrison campaign button
1860 Abraham Lincoln campaign token
$500 James H. Miller stoneware jug
2 Railroad Locks from the 1800s worth several hundred dollars apiece

I'm sure the totals have a mistake or two, but they're pretty darned close. Here are some of the hunts that really stand out in my memory. For all those of you who are shut-in and dealing with the heat this summer, enjoy:

From 2008:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,203999.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,139354.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,153203.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,158060.0.html

From 2009:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,220628.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,279734.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,210169.0.html

From 2010:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,314701.0.html

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,304657.0.html

Finds 012b.jpg

Thank you all--KFB, Hill Billy, Rodeo, Coinmaster, Diggergirl, and Brandi. You will be Greatly Missed. But I will be back to hunt with you again, so have some sites ready. :wink: :thumbsup:

Best Wishes, and Much Love,

Buckles

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FoxHound said:
EXCELLENT hunts guys!! I know how hard you work, how many hours of research you do, how many more hours of walking to find the sites, and how many holes were dug to find those AWESOME pieces of history; and you all deserve every single one of them! It was an honor to hunt with you guys the times I did. Good luck with your new life and may there always be a buckle under your coil!

Happy Hunting!!

Fox

Blast from the past. :o Thanks for the kind words and best wishes in your future hunts.

nova treasure said:
You done Great in Kentucky and with your passion, hardwork and determination you will make some great finds everywhere you go. Hopefully some good ole Confederate relics is awaiting on you at your new detecting sites.

Nova Treasure

It's been a pleasure to meet you and get a few hunts in, Nova. Thank you.

{Sentinel} said:
Will, as always, this is a spectacular post filled with some great photos!! It's a testament to your devotion as a

detectorist and a photographer...Those links represent alot of goood times over the years here on TNet and I've been

right here with you since the beginning,enjoying the NCO beltplate, the coins, the buttons....and yes...EVEN THE

INFAMOUS Piles of iron!!! :D ;D :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Here's to you Will, a good friend and fellow digger! Good luck to you down in Louisiana and may you have plenty

more days like those featured from yesterdays and yester years! :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

I'm glad someone got a real kick out of the iron. Iron sucks! I wish there wasn't much of it but nails on a site. But as long as it is as heavy as it is where I hunt, I will be digging it out and hauling it away so that I can really clean a site out... I will be hunting solo for a while, and it makes me sad...but let me say this to the IB: I will really miss the help on hauling that damned iron out! :D

Breezie said:
Best of luck on your move, and glad you're staying down South. I've enjoyed your post, and look forward to more of your great finds and knowledge. Breezie

Thank you, Breezie. :icon_thumleft:

Silver Searcher said:
:o :o :o

Is this the end of the Great BuckleBoy :o :o :o No it's just the begining of a New era :notworthy: have always loved your post BB :headbang: and your in ground shots are just the best :headbang:
Good luck with the move :) and don't stay away to long from T.Net :icon_salut:

SS

SS, I REALLY enjoy your posts on this forum. Great photos, great scenery, and fantastic finds! I will be staying on Tnet, but it'll take a while to get the research flowing and some good finds posted.

Ω…ΩˆΨͺ Ω…ΨΉΨ§Ψ΄ Ω„Ω„ΨͺΩ‚Ψ§ΨΉΨ― Ψ§Ω„ΩƒΨ­ΩˆΩ„ Ψ₯Ω„Ω‰ ΩƒΨ§ said:
What a gentleman!

Wolf Pack Professor Emeritus, I salute you. :icon_salut:

Hill Billy said:
By the way, nice seated dime. :laughing9:

You will be missed Buckles, I promise to have us some sites to hit when you come back and visit.
See you again soon.

Hill

HB, that is a purty coin. If I were you, I'd get out in the heat and beat that searchcoil around a bit. You're on a real streak, my friend!

I'll be in touch--and hope to visit for some icy hunts around December. 8)

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Newt said:
I wish you the best of luck!
Maybe you can come see me for a fix. Points that is. The creeks aren't going anywhere.
Newt

I'd love to dig a few points sometime. Let me know. :icon_thumleft:

cwdigger said:
Hey buckles, good luck and be safe on your move I am sure there will be many new "adventures" in the deep south. :occasion14:

Stay in touch, my friend. I should send you my # via PM sometime soon. I hope the red clay down here doesn't cause troubles for my pre-set ground balance detectors... :-[

Kimsdad said:
Best of luck, least of stress in your move, Buckles!!! :wink:

Thanks, Kimsdad! :icon_thumright:

Nisroc said:
Hey BB,

I wish you the best down there may your finds be many and the digging be good. Hope to see you again when you are back this way. Drop me a note and I'll see if I can find something on this side of the river to dig.
Nis

Nis,

Thanks for the good wishes and a Great privy digging experience. There are some COOL things to dig on your side of the river! I hope HB gets on-board for another privy dig up there. Perhaps when I come back into town we can dig a big hole in some stranger's yard. ;D Thank you for the good friendship--it was great to meet you.

CRUSADER said:
Kimsdad said:
Best of luck, least of stress in your move, Buckles!!! :wink:

that bits easy, sleeping bag, detector & Spade, nothing else to worry about other than the collection :wink:

LOL actually you're almost correct. I don't own much in the way of furniture that's worth keeping. So detector, spade, and collection...well--actually packing up the collection took most of a day. :help:

CincyBandit 1013 said:
This Is The SAD Side Of Having Good Friends.......Things end for one reason or another, and you have to start over again! But you are Lucky in this respect, because you can continue your friendship Via the telephone & internet :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: Great Hunt Everyone :headbang: And BB, Good Luck Down There!!! I Hope You Do Very Well In Your New Locale :icon_thumright:....Mike

What is life without friends? It wouldn't be a life I'd want to live. I am very happy that we can all keep in touch through this forum. Plus, I can't wait to see what The Boys dig this fall. :o Good to hear from you, Mike.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too will be moving in August....but just one county over.You have been a wealth of knowledge and great cyber friend,buckles.Do not be a stranger!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BuckleBoy

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kindafoundabuckle said:
Hello all if anyone remembers me? I just checked my stats and it has been 14 months since my last post. When we take this journey through life some of the roads are smooth as silk and others have a pothole or two in them. Im sorry to say this last year has been one big rough and rocky road for me and my family. My best friend, role model, and big brother was diagnose with ALS disease also known as Lou Gehrigs disease about the same time I stopped looking at Tnet or even a detector. When I found out about my big brother I pretty much lost interest in everything. I hope all of you and especially the IB understands. I knew of all the cool stuff you were finding and places you were going but with him being sick I just could not enjoy myself at all. But Im happy to say Im back.................................

When I look at the picture of the 4 of us I think to myself DG how could you end up with a goof like BB? BB how did you get so lucky as to get a girl like DG? HB you are looking kind of skinny you need to eat more Dairy Queen and for me how did I get so fat?

I would have not missed that last hunt with BB for anything. Dont worry the IB will keep up the tradition of finding the good stuff.

BB when you come back north to the Yankee area you can always crash here. Biscuits and gravy every night!!!!!! Also I would like to tell you sorry for holding you up in getting your degree. You could be called Doctor now but we bumped into each other one day and the rest as they say is history. Thanks for hanging around man. You have been the best friend a person could ask for and for that I say thank you. I wish I could have spent more time with you out in the fields and woods but nobody ever said life was fair! Work before play blah blah blah

Good luck down south Im sure you will be getting plenty out of the ground down there just like you did here.

Here are a few random thoughts that come to mind when I remember our friendship Arbys shake tree car tracer 4x4 Lees chicken in the land of Lincoln tractor man dancing on the roof of a car on 264 eastbound purple people eater night golf course Spanish silver in a public park(priceless look on your face) walking over a buckle 15 years ago they go 200mph in a circle why dont you get it? pile of chicken wing bones at KFC under the table you never dug a buckle?he has one in hand 15 minutes after that water hunting without a water machine coming up with the name The Iron Brigade and logo yes I did that I could go on all night but I will leave it at that.

You will be missed BB. You have become like a brother to me. As far as Im concerned we ARE blood. Thanks for all of your hard work and dedication in our hobby. You made it one hell of a ride!

Tommy KFB

KFB,

Thanks a bunch for holding me up on getting my Doctorate. I could be making 2/3 of what you're making as a mechanic by now. :D

The Iron Brigade Tradition rests with you and HB. You two know what to do--and you have some good research, great leads, and quite a few sites at your disposal. If you need any help with anything, I am just a phone call away. I kept copies of all my research, so I will be able to help if needed. Just let me know.

I am leaving my Civil War "camp ESP" to you, KFB. You will walk in the field hunting for two CW sites in a row and dig a minieball right off. :wink:

I also want you to know that the going-away gift you gave me will ALWAYS stay in my collection. Always. I don't take it lightly when someone gives me a great find that they dug. No matter how hard up I ever get for money, I assure you that what you gave me will NEVER be sold.

You need to knock that old Bird Dog Hill Billy off of his coin-and-belt-plate-digging streak this fall. :icon_pirat: He's had a spectacular year, but I wanna see you dig and post some goodies. It's your turn, Tom--and with all you've been through, you deserve it.

Now get on that New Detector fund and Git R Dug! :headbang:

-Buck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread