head phones

Itgobang

Oct 5, 2008
COLD MINNESOTA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, MINELAB (EUREKA GOLD)
I just got a GRAY GHOST head phones on E Bay.... I have used the cheap crap that you get free when you buy a detector... WOW! what a difference it makes..... Just go to e bay and type in "head phones" GOOD LUCK!

DFXDon

Aug 27, 2007
West St. Paul Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision V3i, GMT, and X-Terra 705, Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get Garretts mid range set you cant beat them I think they are around $29.00 or some where in that range They have separate vol um control good ear pads to keep out noise and are easy to wear for long periods of time. They work great on the 250 or any other as far as that goes.
Good hunting Don

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't want to high jack this thread but has anyone ever used those ear buds they use with IPods.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
the Ipod headphones will work, they just won't last very long
I use a pair of the White's/Koss headphones and they work great, comfortable enough to wear all day
don't skimp on headphones, buy a set that will last years, not weeks

Sniffer

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
I just bought a pair of Koss QZ5 frrom provantage for less than 40 bucks including shipping they also had the QZ99 mentioned in a previous post for a couple dolllars more. Some great phones well worth looking into.........HH

gregd573

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO there are better headphones than Koss. I have two sets that came with my Minelabs. You won't go wrong with Gray Ghost or Killer Bees. Another consideration besides comfort and tone is the durability. People who hunt in the woods need better durability than someone who only goes to parks and schools. I got the single headphone Killer Bee. I only have one ear that works so why hang the extra weight on my head? Others who have good hearing in both ears like the singles because they allow an increased awareness of what's going on around you. Some folks hunt where they might be come the hunted if they are not alert. Jim

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
Gezz........and I thought I had Grumpyol'man down to a fine art.......but you sir are your avatar. I am sure there are better headphones than grey ghost or killer bees but it seems the post states 50 or 75 dollars.....I myself have not seen a pair of either of the headphones you mentioned at that price. We all have are preferences......can't you just say you like a certain brand without bashing another........or maybe its just the grumpy ol' man in you.......HH.....grumpy.....gregd573

Itgobang

Oct 5, 2008
COLD MINNESOTA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, MINELAB (EUREKA GOLD)
The GRAY GHOST I got on E-Bay was $58.00.... Just like new! You need to look every day at the auction! The deals are there! :thumbsup:

grumpyolman

Jul 18, 2008
Raymond, WA
Detector(s) used
E-Trac - Tiger Shark - Ace 250 - Fisher 1280-X - White's Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am pleased my forum attitude is consistent with my avatar. ;D Regards...Jim

vondrewvious

Jan 15, 2008
Maine
Hey grump,
The koss you got free are not the QZ99 I mentioned earlier. Koss makes hundreds of different models ya know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread