mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am back in Nashville this week man is it hot down here. They are breaking record highs everyday. I got out this morning and hit a couple of parks playground and found around a $1 in change. I may head back down here in Dec for some more hunting. Have a place that I will be hunting on the 4th hope it turn out to being a decent place. If it dose I will definitly be back in Dec.

OP
OP
mlayers

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got toWas in Nashville this week and hunt a area in Nolinville. Didn't find much in the field as it was rock hard and could not dig in it. I did find a piece of lead in a dry up creek bed. Don't know if it is old or not. We walked thu a woods and found some old shotgun shell. I also hunted in the Nolinville park and found a 1936 Buffalo nickle. Thinking of heading back in Dec to see if the hunting will be any better.....Matt

Plug cutter

Aug 1, 2012
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in Nashville Tennessee and enjoy old coin hunting and modern to old jewelry detecting.I have a few problems I have been detecting for a little over a year and am having problems locating places to hunt. The second problem is that I am only 13 years old and nobody trusts me to detect their land. I have been trying to find parks where it is legal but al metro, city, state and national it seems to be illegal. I have also been looking for old schools where I could pick up some old coins and maybe a ring or two. But it seems all old schools have been turned into city parks. Any suggestions of old home sites, school yards or parks is appreciated.
McClain

Plug cutter

Aug 1, 2012
Nashville TN
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Pro pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well deer season will have just started so getting out into the country woods for any old places could be hazardous to our health. :laughing9:
But there are definitely some spots we could hit. Just found a park with some 18th (yes 18th) and 20th century significance that i started hunting. From some of my finds, its pretty clear its never been hunted by anyone. Probably due to its obscurity and location.
There's another park thats right in the line of battle during the CW. Ive hunted it once for an hour or so but only came up with trash and clad. Its a big park though.

These parks are legal to hunt but many are not. If you're not interested in nashville parks, we can hit any beach or park on Percy Priest lake.
Also, I have two small CW spots ive been looking into as well but not yet hunted. A couple of small wooded areas that have been left. They have potential due to their location but dont know for sure if theyll be good.

What do you think?

I live in the nashville area and am fairly new to detecting. I have hit many dead ends in my research to find old parks such as the one that you have described and I'd love to know how you find parks such as these.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread